Recent content by micaiahm

1. micaiahm

Pioneer Dates of Manufacture

If you look back on page 1 at the OP there is a chart for you to figure out the date.
  2. micaiahm

0hz Subwoofer

:biggrin::biggrin: It would be closer to -6 and boy does it hz.
  3. micaiahm

Pioneer SX-_2_ Re-Cap Need

Don’t know if you have chosen yet, but I have used both and had better success with Wargo. John has done two 1280’s for me. One I had worked on at the other location and had to take it to John to get it fixed.
  4. micaiahm

Feeling humbled

Welcome Michael. Your interest will become a hobby and then an obsession. You will not be able, to pass a GW ever again without wondering if you should stop or resist scouring CL for pieces to complete your setup. Apologize to your wife now....it only gets worse. Find YOUR sound, it is no one...
  5. micaiahm

Issue with Pioneer SX 1280 on AFCI circuit

So, this thread has been hanging out there awhile and I thought I would post an update. I was not making any headway so in the beginning of August I took both 1280’s to John Wargo. Multi-volt: It took two rounds and a total of 7 weeks to fix all the issues. Evidently there was more wrong...
  6. micaiahm

Sansui AU-7700 Speaker pop when Relay clicks

So I put in a 1200uf 16v cap, had it laying around, and it made the difference. It is about a 6sec timing now. No more speaker pop. Thanks for all the help. Now that I have tunes again, back to the 1280.:)
  7. micaiahm

Thanks Larry. I decided to use a different meter tonite. It's a cheaper one but has worked pretty well in the past. My Fluke was borrowed and hasn't come back.
  8. micaiahm

Checked C3 and C16, both are installed correctly based upon power flow. Getting a new timing cap. Ok so I haven't touched this thing for the past 5 weeks. So tonite I just took measurements of PA3004 and observed. I held on each Pin to verify whether stable or not. (Q1 is still out for these)...
  9. micaiahm

Thanks Mark. I will do this and post results.
  10. micaiahm

Speakers off. Power on. Relay engage. Speakers on to A. No pop.
  11. micaiahm

Already done. 1000uf 6.3V. Improved the delay. Speaker pop not as intense, but still there. It occurs as the relay engages.
  12. micaiahm

Installed d23 last night. No change. Still speaker pop. Rechecked DC offset, good. Am thinking I will recheck D.C. Bias but that requires some desoldering, will do later today. Any other suggestions?
  13. micaiahm

Yes, but not as bad. So I still want to track down the issue. Diodes are arriving today. I will replace d23 to see if that helps.
  14. micaiahm

I pulled the 470uf and put in a 1000uf 6.3V to see how it would do. It double the relay time. About 4sec. I am still going to go back thru and replace the d23 diode to see if it is causing issues.
Back
Top Bottom