M
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey there, I'm all out of space and $! I don't even have a place to live right now. Wish I could help you out, that's some good gear.
    Hi Michael, do you still have the Hitachi SR-2000? I just bought one and am really interested in the depth dimension, can't seem to find any stats online. If you are able to send me that number, I'd really appreciate it! Thanks, Pete t
    Hey Michael, its been over a year since logging in to post. You know, I tried to make my own stranded copper wire to connect from the terminal on the Imperial 5G woofer to the connection on the cone. I bought a spool of speaker wire. Once stripped, it yielded about 6 or so very thin copper strands. So I did this to a couple more lengths and then carefully twisted them all together. I soldered the one end to the woofer clip terminal. I barely the other end to the spot on the cone where the wire goes because there was very little there to solder to. So having it somewhat connected, I hooked them up to my Pioneer SX636 tuner/amp and they sounded great! I cranked up the bass and SNAP! There went the stranded wire connection I had just soldered onto the left speaker woofer cone. At this point, I'm not sure what to do. I love these speakers (original cabinets, missing grills), but I'm afraid trying to re-solder that stranded wire lest the cone connection burns through or something.
    Well yes. I have a pair in original cabinets, however, one woofer has a slight tear in the paper, and the other one has one missing mesh copper wire that goes between the connector tabe and the actual cone. Any idea where one can obtain that kind of mesh copper wiring? Thanks
    Michael,

Never heard of these. The CX line produced the 07, 17 and 27, and a center channel (basically a re-badged 07 and later a modified and shrunken 17 if pics are accurate) but since DCM didn't seem to keep very good records, it's hard to tell what they turned out.

If you get 'em, post pics!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom