Recent content by michigannick

1. michigannick

L-EMIM Rebuild, anyone ever take one of these apart?

Super old thread but has anyone seen/heard if any of the people doing replacement diaphragms and such or reairs for L-emim's. I have not heard of this Graz, and given this thread is a decade old maybe there is no more Graz :-( The question is in general has anyone heard or seen follow-ups to...
  2. michigannick

Pilot sa-260 restoration

But do you remember the end result .. if not the details :-)
  3. michigannick

Nikko TOTL NR-1415 takes it all off after restore!

the 1015 is smaller by at least an inch but I mis spoke, the lens is NOT beveled there is a plastic bevel surround on it, if that is not broken you could get away cheaper, and welcome to AK OlBikesRule, Steel is Reel on that bike thing, old chromoly fuji here
  4. michigannick

I have 3 1015s here and still 1415 I can measure here and get back, but I am pretty sure the answer is no. The good news is that the simplicity of the glass being attached to the front not inside is that you could have a glass shop bevel cut some smoked glass and probably drill the nut holes...
  5. michigannick

Triad Mini system System 6 and System 7

The 6s are quite good on their own, however in a larger space the larger drivers of the 7s are a marked improvement a big step up, This is not to say the 6s are bad they are actually really really good, but , but the 7s are better, more full, more rich and impactful. both image quite well, and...
  6. michigannick

Advent 6003 Speakers?

best but unverified information I could find Manufacturer's Specifications: Advent 6003 Specs Frequency response: 42 Hz - 23 kHz, +/- 3 dB. Impedance (nominal): 6 ohms (minimum): 4 ohms. Power handling (peak): 500 watts. (RMS) 100 watts. Sensitivity: 90 dB (2.8V @ 1 meter). Crossover...
  7. michigannick

What Tweeter is This?

Did you by chance measure the ohms or see the ohm marking on that replacement driver? Wavecore makes that visually identical driver in 4 and 8 ohm
  8. michigannick

What Tweeter is This?

Did we get an answer on this? Seems a new cap might be easy to measure if needed
  9. michigannick

Leave it to me to buy the WORST vintage infinity's made....

Bummer they don't seem to be, if you still have them floating around you could always edit and upload direct the new servers here can handle it :-)
  10. michigannick

Triad System One (the one from 1980s)

Oh very nice and WELCOME! thank you for adding that information often a big help for others especially for something like Triad that typically designed around high quality commercially available drivers where seeing model numbers and stuff can really help the next person who may have had a...
  11. michigannick

like with any vintage equipment you really don't know until it had a quality restore if it is performing as planned or not but i can say this, the interior build and design of the Toshiba puts it in the real sleeper category .. I like th sound better than most any of the monsters I have had...
  12. michigannick

Technics SU-9070 volume pot.

oh and officially WELCOME aboard, i am in lots of Facebook groups and other sites, on audio but AK is a record of the source so welcome to the group!
  13. michigannick

Well I am glad you did. I am working 80 to 100 hours overtime a month since covid started almost, so I do not have time but a clear thread like this will help one of my Tech friends get an idea of what is possible to decide if it waits for me to have time or if i can pay someone to do it.
  14. michigannick

I just liked that I could right click and poof there it is, it is just so easy! it was very much appreciated if someone cant figure out how to right-click and translate :-) they probably should not be attempting a repair on their own! lol
Back
Top Bottom