Recent content by Mike66202

1. Mike66202

Pioneer SG-9800 equalizer, LED replacement and recap

I could not find any 2 volt BLUE led's. I dont think they exist. If you do find them....please share. Good luck
  2. Mike66202

sg-9800 equalizer question

I've thought about this. I decided to just live with the red. I realize this is beyond my scope. I do however, want to thank everyone who took an interest in trying to help me. Sincerely, I do appreciate it. Some of you probably like to do stuff like this for the challenge. I get it. I just...
  3. Mike66202

well....i found the resistor on the schematic...but im affraid I cant find it on the board. Im not educated in reading them...but i took a high res picture of both top and bottom of the circuits themselves.
  4. Mike66202

Ok....finally found a source for a free schematic of this unit that actually is clear and easily readable. Here is the link of anyone is interested in taking a peak at it: https://www.manualslib.com/download/1140152/Pioneer-Sg-9800.html I tried....but my fear has been realized....I simply do...
  5. Mike66202

"You can use the higher voltage blue LED's on the lower voltage of the red, just dimmer" I installed all of the blues on one channel (12) and they were so faint you couldnt hardly tell they were lit, and this is with the switch cover (cap) off! "or you could track down some high efficiency...
  6. Mike66202

ok...thank you for the suggestions. I'm following all this so far. I'll try and route thru the schematic but I have to say....I really dont know much about reading them. I Can, however, follow this volume assembly board traces (which is connected to the main board via 2 ribbon cables) until I...
  7. Mike66202

here is a picture of one side in which pioneer refers to the sliders as volume assembly. I know its a little fuzzy...buy its all i can find on the internet. this may not help at all as im not sure to what im even looking at other than it's a schematic
  8. Mike66202

Hi...yes...what you're saying makes sense to me (in my VERY limited understanding) however...not being educated enough to tackle that...I think I'd be better off leaving them red. What i simply cannot understand, is, how kevin_09 (in this thread....see above) pulled it off by simply swapping...
  9. Mike66202

thank you...good catch. So..i go back to the mouser site...and there seems to be no blue led's that have a forward voltage of 1.85v so is there any way to know what voltage the originals use when I dont have a schematic available?
  10. Mike66202

playing with the mouser site...I think that these are compatible or close to the red ones in the above mentioned thread: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Lumex/SSL-LX2573USBD/?qs=jywnEC9mS4GpnhQd7sF66w%3d%3d Could anyone please compare and confirm? They are listed at 1.82 each??? can this be...
  11. Mike66202

thank you for taking the time to reply. Honestly...I was just hoping for a simple swap. Pull out the red...in with the blue. Maybe just living with the red ones is the way to go? They are original and quite bright. I didnt think a color change would involve changing the circuitry?
  12. Mike66202

Yes....exactly! I suspect youre absolutely right. I went to the mouser website and really dont know how to use it. The size that fits is 2mm x 4mm but cant seem to find them at mouser with 80 mcd? There are parameters that I dont understand. such as: viewing angle, forward voltage, forward...
  13. Mike66202

yeah...but the problem is...I dont know what I'm doing. To pull one out and replace it is one thing...but calculating values of electronic circuits is another. I'm trying to learn...but I dont believe I have the aptitude for that. In this thread...
  14. Mike66202

Hello, First off....I am a total noob when it comes to electronic circuitry....but swapping led's that require no soldering skills is within my scope. There is a older thread about replacing original red led's. In that thread, there is a member who has sucessfully replaced the red ones with blue...
  15. Mike66202

Nice post. Thanks for the information. I have one of these and tried to replace the led's with these blue ones: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100pcs-2x3x4mm-Water-Clear-Blue-Light-Rectangle-Rectangular-Square-LED-Diodes/122017191931?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 I saw a...
Back
Top Bottom