Recent content by MikeFrank

1. MikeFrank

High Volume Feedback Assistance

Figured I would follow up on my testing so far. Basically the volume dial starts at 7 o’clock. With the lid on the turntable, it starts to do the low hum at about 10 o’clock. When I hit the 15hz button, it did seem to lower the deep part of the bass on normal volume. It didn’t have much...
  2. MikeFrank

No. It is only when playing music. The bass heavier the music the lower the volume the noise comes back.
  3. MikeFrank

I'll give that a shot.
  4. MikeFrank

I think that is basically what those expensive turntable platters do. I assume you cut the racquetballs in half?
  5. MikeFrank

Ahh, good question. I tend to keep the dust cover on, but close it when it is playing.
  6. MikeFrank

As I have been fortunate to upgrade my audio equipment, I have had a new problem arise. When I try and play an album at a slightly higher volume, I get low, deep audio feedback noise. Researching the situation, I firmly believe it is an audio vibration feedback loop. I can play a CD player or...
  7. MikeFrank

Thoughts on 2270/2275/2285/2285b/2325

The 18 looks beautiful. I ended up settling on either a 2270 or a 2285b. I was unexpectedly lucky and found one (2285b) at a decent price. I thank you all for your opinions and info. It definitely helped with the final decision.
  8. MikeFrank

I have had my others restored and am a believer in doing so. If I were investing the money in one of these models, I'd make sure they were already restored and if not, I'll be getting that done. Thank you to ncwalz and icko30 for their opinions on the sound qualities. That is helpful for sure.
  9. MikeFrank

What a great reply. Would you agree the sound changed after the 2270? I have a 2250b and I absolutely love the sound. You are 100% correct that all I am doing is looking to upgrade a little. I could do with a little less bass (warmth) but not much. I am leaning right now to the 2285b...
  10. MikeFrank

First off, when can I move in? :) If you could only keep ONE of those, which one would it be?
  11. MikeFrank

Through trial and error, I have determined I am a Marantz guy. I love everything about them. My main system now is a 2250b and it has served me well for years. I am especially drawn to that "warm" sound. It just suits my personal preference. I would like to add to the collection and I have...
  12. MikeFrank

MC2100 vs MC2125

Thank you damacman.
  13. MikeFrank

MC2100 vs MC2125

I have enjoyed reading the ongoing discussion. I am doing some testing. Just for the hell of it, I wanted to run my Marantz 2250b as a preamp to the McIntosh MC2125. If I do, would I leave the McIntosh input level at 2.5V or flip that switch to the 0.75V?
  14. MikeFrank

MC2100 vs MC2125

Thank you.
  15. MikeFrank

MC2100 vs MC2125

First I want to thank all of you for your wisdom and opinions. I went with the MC2125. I just want to make sure I have a couple things straight, because the manual sometimes drifts into areas I do not understand. I assume I want the Power Guard switch on the back set to NORMAL. Is that...
Back
Top Bottom