Recent content by MikeN

1. MikeN

Output and input volume issue Toshiba D-33s

The volume on this Tape deck is extremely low. Basically the amp needs to be turned to almost full to hear the Tape. Also when recording with line-in it has the same problem, when recording the record volume is to max and the VU meters barely move. Any ideas? Thank you all.
  2. MikeN

Amplifier issues

Yup, that's exactly what worries me.
  3. MikeN

Little rubber feet for dust covers

That's brilliant and it sounds like the most permanent solution. Thank you.
  4. MikeN

Amplifier issues

Yes Bob, I meant "receiver".
  5. MikeN

Amplifier issues

All Marantz that I've seen do have relays.
  6. MikeN

Amplifier issues

That's what I was thinking also. Never seen a bad relay.
  7. MikeN

Amplifier issues

8. MikeN

I thought they we all the same. Reading the other posts, it does sound like it's just better using some adhesive work around.
  9. MikeN

I was thinking of these as a last resort but actually looking for replacement as per the original.
  10. MikeN

Amplifier issues

I'm new to vintage audio equipment. I have a little repair experience but not with Marantz. Lately I've had several people asking me to buy their non working Marantz receivers. They are not getting sound and when I ask if they hear a click after turning on the power, they say no and that the...
  11. MikeN

Wondering if anyone knows how to replace those little rubber stoppers/feet for the dust covers. I'm getting more and more turntables needing a replacement. No idea where to buy them.
  12. MikeN

Toshiba ST 335 light bulbs

The bulbs are pretty common. They are the same 8v fuse bulbs used by Marantz. Lots of sellers all over including eBay.
  13. MikeN

Its cool that you have them all. Wish I had the room to do the same. I fix, play with them and than sell them to make room, these units sell like hotcakes. People love the looks and they are very desirable now. Some of the knobs are super difficult to get off. The first time I was doing...
  14. MikeN

First time it seems like a bit of a daunting task but it's not at all difficult. I'm assuming you're talking about the bulbs in the back of the tuner scale. Yes, you need to access it from the front. Take off all the knobs. Sometimes they are really hard to take off. I use a strong string...
  15. MikeN

Looking for Info on Uroku reel to reel

You are correct. I just checked it, and no capstan. That would explain the speed control knob, lol.
Back
Top Bottom