M
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Mike-

Let your amp settle in for ten hours or so with the original tubes, then try even a generic US made 6SN7 and similar 12AT7 in the front holes...

The Sophias sounded very good initially, but after just a couple of hours blossomed into some of the best sounding tubes I've heard. I have/had two other Yaqin tube amps as well as three tubed headphone amps, and all have responded very well to tube rolling, just tnot to the degree I noticed with the Sophias.

Yeah, they're kinda pricey, but only about half what a run-of-the-mill 300B tube will be...plus now I don't feel the need to change those!

bouddha22@cox.net is my e-mail addy, and that might be better than trusting me to see the message notice...the last guy waited three weeks for a response.

John B.
    as soon as I read your post I contacted tubestein, to make sure the bias test and adjust is on my box, but the thing was already on the airport: turns out they sent me anyway the 300c...

new to tubes: rolling made a difference? or is this a little like shopping for the better speaker cable?

thanks for your quick response
    michael
    Mike-

I rolled in a pair of Sophia Electric 6SN7s and a pair of Tele 12AT7s up front, and I can honestly say it's the most beautiful and faithful music reproduction system I've ever heard. I'm deliriously happy with it, and now have no plans to try any other tubes in the MS-300C. Is yours a 300C or 300B? Keep me posted, and enjoy!

John
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom