Recent content by milo63

1. milo63

Concept 16.5 Receiver

Welcome to AK! My Concept 11.0 is all AGC (1.25"x.25") 125V or 250V, my local ACE hardware has them. If your unit has blown fuses you're going to want to build a dim bulb tester for power up to prevent damage to the boards. Better yet find a local tech to give it a once over and power it up...
  2. milo63

I have a qx-9900 that I guy among 15 other receivers for $240

Sorry...Welcome to AK! Lots of good people here to help you if you're willing to listen and learn. AGC 125 or 250V, your local hardware store appliance fuse section should have them. The auto parts store will have the 32V version. But...before you power it up you're going to want to build a...
  3. milo63

I have a qx-9900 that I guy among 15 other receivers for $240

Normally AGC type 250V (1.25"X.25")
  4. milo63

Onkyo M-501 fuse blows when turned on

Your output transistors are here: Chances are one or more are shorted, option #2 is your power supply rectifier diode(s) is/are shorted.
  5. milo63

7070 blowing fuses.

Your outputs will be MJ21194G and MJ21193G, either Mouser, Digikey or AK member Peace.love.and.music on eBay. Once you get the full set of new outputs installed plug the receiver into the DBT and flip the switch. It should get bright until the caps charge up and then dim. If it stays bright you...
  6. milo63

7070 blowing fuses.

They are no longer made, don't buy counterfeit junk from eBay. Put the part number in the search bar and you'll find the appropriate Onsemi substitute. New mica insulators and some Dow 340 heat compound while you're at it. If that many outputs are bad you probably have some driver transistors...
  7. milo63

Pioneer spec 4 us model. Swapping bad transformer with a good multi voltage transformer. Possible?

xraytonyb has a great Spec 4 video on YouTube where he makes a "world" amp into a US amp, maybe you could glean some direction? Love my Spec 4, finding a Spec 1 dance partner has been unpossible.
  8. milo63

Sansui relay subs

AU-6600 (what a PITA to work on) relay? MY2-02-DC24? Original P/N RABK-2B has MY4-02-DC24 listed in this thread but there's only two rows.
  9. milo63

7070 blowing fuses.

If you put your location in your profile maybe someone will give it a poke for you? Sounds like a simple diagnosis for a hobby tech.
  10. milo63

Concept 11.0 restoration recap et. al.

The volume pot can be accessed with the bottom off, the whole TONE board is easy to remove if you remove the faceplate, pot nuts, one ground and a few connectors. It'll be in your hand in 15 minutes for a good cleaning.
  11. milo63

Concept 11.0 (She's dead, Jim).

Mrs. Mouser delivers, back to work.
  12. milo63

Are These 2SC897s fake?

Looking at my stash of old TO-3s I don't see any like that, agree on fake.
  13. milo63

Are These 2SC897s fake?

The poor thing had three different value emitter resistors and some pretty shoddy soldering. Owner gave me the okay to make it right so I did the official AK 1060/2230 rebuild with a 6800uf filter cap and 4700uf output caps because that's what I had
  14. milo63

Are These 2SC897s fake?

2.9mm.
  15. milo63

Are These 2SC897s fake?

Thanks, my thoughts as well but I thought I'd ask. I've got my last four OG outputs ready to go in.
Back
Top Bottom