Recent content by misterguitar

1. misterguitar

Need a good Repair shop. NC

I have finally had ot give up on this 6060 I was repairing. I was at the point of using a scope to go through and find why the sound is dead after a power supply and amp board total rebuild. But my mother was just diagnosed with cancer and I am just not going to have time to finish this. The...
  2. misterguitar

Sansui-6060 - No sound

Good advice. I will check the board under a jewelers magnifier. And with a continuity checker. I did get the bias and offsets set correctly. so I'm pretty sure that part is working. It was actually more stable with the new bournes trimmers. the old ones were all over the place even after...
  3. misterguitar

Sansui-6060 - No sound

Ok so all the voltages on the diagram check out with the readings. A few were one volt off. The rest right on the money. So I have a techtronix storage scope. One of the last few to use CRT's. A nice one. So my question for those experienced is, if I need to hunt for an audio signal in the...
  4. misterguitar

Sansui-6060 - No sound

Yes I have a schematic for it. I'll probe the tape out for output. To make sure I understand, the path would be start at the source (phono aux, etc) tape out, tape in, tone amp, driver amp, power amp. And the tape monitor when activated switches the source for the tone amp to the tape in wich...
  5. misterguitar

Sansui-6060 - No sound

It doesn't have the connections for a pre or main like my Marantz does. it does have a tape monitor switch. Since I was after the whole reel to reel I never understood how the tape monitor comes into play. I did try switching it back and forth but it didn't change anything.
  6. misterguitar

Sansui-6060 - No sound

So I have a Sansui 6060. And man this thing is driving me nuts! It's a friend of the family lady who owns it. I had a it a few years back and recapped the box and replaced the noisy transistors. It came back to me again making scratchy noises. Upon plugging it back in it would not eve come out...
  7. misterguitar

0.15 amp fuse

Thanks I ordered this and it was correct! Bought 10 of them as I am still troubleshooting. now tha is fixed. I have a different problem. no sound. But the relay does kick in so protection circuit is ok now after rebuild. This was for a Sansui 6060. That is driving me NUTS btw.
  8. misterguitar

0.15 amp fuse

God help me. Where can I find a 0.15 amp fuse? Why on earth did they use these things? ughhh
  9. misterguitar

Sansui 6060 keeps blowing fuses

sorry 2SC1951 = ZTX694B Should have worn my glasses. Also found KSC2316 is obsolete so 2SD438 = KSC2383
  10. misterguitar

Yes. I also replaced all of those as a preventative measure. I pulled the driver board and removed all the transistors and found I had a couple of bad ones. 2SB560. Both seem to be shorting. 2SA726 were already replaced with KSA992 As this is the second time into this unit for me for...
  11. misterguitar

hmmm they check good too. Guess I need to pull the driver transistors next.
  12. misterguitar

So far all 4 power transistors are testing good with my meter diode checker. Very bewildering. Pulling the emitter resistors next.
  13. misterguitar

Thanks. That was my suspicion as well. I got tired of doing just basic checks on transistors and finaly sprung for that Atlas transistor checker I have been pinning for this AM just to make this job a bit easier. This morning I took the day of sick from alergies and am going to sit and desolder...
  14. misterguitar

Holy cow! Yeah this is my second rodeo with this unit. All theE caps and fuse resistors were replaced. Last rodeo power transistors were replaced due to 1 being blown. So it got a new set of those on-semi mexican made replacments. Worked well for several years through the pandemic. Then one...
  15. misterguitar

So I have a Sansui 6060 I am working on for a friend. It keep blowing the fuses. In this particular stereo it is Fuse 602 and Fuse 603 which are 125 volt 5 amp fuses. Not good. I made a blow up version of this chunk of the schematic as I am working through this trying to understand a.) how the...
Back
Top Bottom