Recent content by Mitchell

1. Mitchell

2SC458 transistors used in Akai products

Transistors are made overseas in China or Singapore. . And the price is cheap but same quality as from a local supplier.I need a bunch of Bc550c I do use Digikey for other items.
  2. Mitchell

2SC458 transistors used in Akai products

I have bought a Akai 1731D I did not open it up but all works. I will probably replace those transistors with BC550C. I bougjht 100 transistors from Amazon for about $11. The transistor choice is recommend by other users. I would like to get the layout (photo) of the parts on a vero board. And...
  3. Mitchell

What tuners do you have ?

yes it tunes on 05 segments....still have to look for a switch if its there.
  4. Mitchell

Thank you for the reply have not been here in ages. Will look for a switch on the outside or inside (on schematic)
  5. Mitchell

Jonstigator's 2245 rebuild

I have a nad 4225. Works ok, the display says it it tuned (green light). But the freq display if off slightly. Channel is 107.1 but the display says 107.15. It sounds good. I am not stupid to turn pots but by touching slugs and pot with a srewdriver was wondering if the display will change for...
  6. Mitchell

I'm turning in my keys.

[ Sorry to see you go. But everything changes. I am on pain killers morphine and oxy for my feet. Things are getting better. I have audio hobbies. And still will fill mu bucket list. Good Luck.
  7. Mitchell

All sold out. I started with 300 transistors and made 15 sets. The sets were no more than 1%...

All sold out. I started with 300 transistors and made 15 sets. The sets were no more than 1% between any 2 transistors. I saved one set for myself.
  8. Mitchell

Anybody from the GTA (greater Toronto area)

I am from thje GTA near the airport. Would be nice to get a get together. But that is alot of work for the organizer. I seen a nice place for a get together inside a room in a craft brewery for 25 people. Cool Blue Brewery. U can see it on line. Yes there is a fee for the room.Booze permit is...
  9. Mitchell

I am old school for tuners Dynaco fm/af But I am leaning to a Nad 4220 as the nad seems a better choice
  10. Mitchell

Funny think my NAD also shows .05 on the display The actual station is 107.10 but it shows 107.15 Can that be fixed or is it normal?
  11. Mitchell

Akai opamp LD3141

How accurate are the resistor values you got out of the LD3141. I intend to use 1% metal film resistors.
  12. Mitchell

Akai opamp LD3141

13. Mitchell

AKAI 1731 belt size?

I got a Akai 1731D r2r from an estate. It looks like new. But it needs a belt. Does anyone know the dimensions of the belt? Locally a store near me has a few dozen flat rubber belts. If I am lucky to get one locally I will post it here. Mitchell. No need for belt at this time....the lever was...
  14. Mitchell

Its official YES there will be an 2012 fest !!!!

I agree AK Fest nothing comes close. I cannot justify a 10 hour ride to AXPONA from Toronto. RIP AKFEST. A fest in Windsor would be OK I guess?
  15. Mitchell

Wish for one last AK FEST

A grand finality is needed. Perhaps 3 days long.
Back
Top Bottom