Recent content by MKVLTRA

1. MKVLTRA

Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Any IL folks hit up that sale in Waukegan with the gear and LP'S & 45's? I already see one of the receivers up for sale on FB.
  2. MKVLTRA

Help with diagnosing Kenwood KL-999DX

I had the turntable and receiver next to each other. Both were about a foot-foot and a half above the speakers. Could that type of feedback ruin anything in the crossover? Both speakers wont put out any sound now, no matter what receiver they are hooked up to.
  3. MKVLTRA

A buddy of mine was telling me he just had a similar issue with this JBL L112's. He described it as the subs were fluttering. He had his TT on top of his speakers. When my subs fluttered and then the speakers died, I did not have the TT on the speakers. The TT and receiver were next to each...
  4. MKVLTRA

I know practically nothing about speaker repair/electronics repair. I've looked for some videos on how to diagnose speaker problems, but everything I have found so far has just been about testing to see if the drivers still work. If you have any good videos on the subject I'd love to watch them...
  5. MKVLTRA

Broken driver wire post

Thanks for the reply. I better start practicing soldering!
  6. MKVLTRA

Broken driver wire post

What would you do? Would you just replace that whole piece?If so, what is that piece actually called? At least if I know the name I can search for a tutorial.
  7. MKVLTRA

Broken driver wire post

Hi! I was taking the drivers out of a pair of Kenwood KL-999DX's yesterday to test for resistance. I hooked them up to a Fisher that an old neighbor gave me years back and he assured me it worked fine. Anyway, now I got a couple of 30 pound paper weights I'm trying to get back to life. When i...
  8. MKVLTRA

Coincidentally enough we had both been to another sale in this area where a list was put out the night before. It was a sale with gear and records. The next morning that list was gone and the guy holding the newly made list who was number 1, went in and bought all of the records. The guy who was...
  9. MKVLTRA

No, he was white in a Honda SUV. I was number 2 on the list. I'm bummed I missed it, but he did it fair and square. No ****ery with the list like I've seen at other sales around this area. Also, he was a real nice dude, I talked to him for like an hour and half. I recommended he come here to...
  10. MKVLTRA

Audio rack ideas

I will definitely check those out. Thanks for the reccomend!
  11. MKVLTRA

Audio rack ideas

I'll check out flexy racks. I like your set up. I wouldn't do casters, but I would need to figure out a way to raise up the front of the rack. This would be going into the basement and the whole thing pitches down towards the center of the basement. For draining I would imagine. I guess I could...
  12. MKVLTRA

Audio rack ideas

Are the levels of the shelves adjustable? It looks like the rod you used is threaded, so you just screw the washers on there to the level you want, gasket on top of washer, shelf slid down over the rods to rest on washers? This is kind of perfect for my set up right now. I only need to shelves...
Back
Top Bottom