Recent content by moggi1964

1. moggi1964

Genesis Physics Model II Restoration

I own a pair of the II+ (probably posted about them on here some years back). I renewed the crossover parts and loved them so much I shipped them back home to the UK from the USA. I never got around to redoing the veneer which has more coffee cup stains than a counter at your local diner but I...
  2. moggi1964

Plasma Owners?

Still got my Pioneer KRP50 which I bought in the US when we lived there and brought back to the UK. It was calibrated by a chap on here (cannot remember the name I'm afraid but he travelled around calibrating) and it is still giving a wonderful picture. I'll keep it till it breaks or stops...
  3. moggi1964

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Ocean Colour Scene Live at the Bridgewater Hall
  4. moggi1964

TEAC TN 400 Magnefloat

No! I wish. :D This is the box for the one I got that was new that I now use and I keep my spare used one in there.
  5. moggi1964

TEAC TN 400 Magnefloat

Here's the box the new one came in.
  6. moggi1964

TEAC TN 400 Magnefloat

Awesome! Good to see some of these are still in use :rockon:
  7. moggi1964

TEAC TN 400 Magnefloat

Just came across this thread when I was killing time. Thought I might share some images of my TN-400 with a plinth made from Plyboo (which my good friend tells me was a tough material to work with - sorry JP!). I have two turntables; one was new in box and the other had some use. I keep the...
  8. moggi1964

Show us your flea-watts amps!

Friend of mine made the box and the knobs from walnut. He also made the plinth for the TT from plyboo; he cursed me for weeks after :) That stuff is tough to work!! Apparently ;).
  9. moggi1964

Thanks. I run a fan underneath, it's designed for cooling PS4's I think but it sits on rubber feet and runs so quietly I need to put my ear to the base of the amp to see if it is on. The airflow helps keep the whole thing cool as they do have a tendency to run hot especially the mosfets.
  10. moggi1964

Running them at 65mA with a B+ at about 380V if I recall. It is whisper quiet even through my 96dB bookshelves but add a source and it drives my less efficient Genesis II+ (88.5dB efficiency) really well.
  11. moggi1964

Tubelab SE300B putting out about 7 watts. Edcor XPWR131 PT James Audio 6123 - HS OPT's James Audio 10H 200MA choke And a big heavy piece of copper plate :D
  12. moggi1964

Genesis Physics Speakers:Model II

Indeed you do. I have the whole set bar the minidisk player. I'll likely eventually sell the whole set and bring my Sony DVP7000 back into play once I find space for it all :) I do like the TEAC but the sliding front on the Sony gets me every time ;)
  13. moggi1964

Genesis Physics Speakers:Model II

The upgraded crossover Genesis II+ being driven by my Tubelab SE 300B amp; all 7.5watts of it. I didn't expect it to be anything near as good as it sounds given the low watts but it does a fine job of driving them in the relatively small room.
  14. moggi1964

So, I Gat Me Some Bose 301's...

If I do that I'll be a damn sight poorer come retirement time :rolleyes: I'll live with the Bose!!
  15. moggi1964

So, I Gat Me Some Bose 301's...

We have a set of 301 Series IV in the office hooked up to a TEAC AH500 and the computer soundcard. They sound alright and I couldn't get rid of them as they came with the wife in 1999 :)
Back
Top Bottom