Recent content by Mojo Warrior

1. Mojo Warrior

Advice on Vintage Marantz

Vintage Marantz receivers from the 70s are money pits. You have been warned. I recently took a 2240B to a Repair guy. Bad news. Parts are difficult to find and expensive. 45 year old components inevitably will breakdown. Transistors for these units haven't been manufactured for 40 years. They...
  2. Mojo Warrior

What do you think of Radiotehnika speakers?

I was wondering if the S90 speakers were an attempt to copy the Rectilinear Highboys of the 1970s ? https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/rectilinear.852593/ They were highly regarded speakers in the period 1966-1978. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectilinear_Research_Corporation...
  3. Mojo Warrior

Pioneer SX 636

A much better piece of gear than the previous SX-626
  4. Mojo Warrior

*EDIT*added list of work / gear at the tech,should I expect to hear a difference when it returns?

That Japanese "crap" (remember the 1970s ? When Made in Japan was a pejorative) has been replaced by Chinese "crap". Xenophobia has never gone away. And fast forward to 2021 and if it's "Made in Japan" and therefore, highly coveted/collectable and selling as used gear for big bucks. Audio...
  5. Mojo Warrior

Butcher block under turnable?

Dust covers do respond to loud volumes and can vibrate thereby causing distortion at high volumes.
  6. Mojo Warrior

AKM Audio Chip Factory burns

The AKM DAC chips were arguably the best chip currently available. RIP
  7. Mojo Warrior

Turntable Engineering Video

Wow. Thanks all, for weighing in with your concise analyses. Yes, transduction of sound occurs in the cartridge not the counterweight. Duh. But I must assume the other technical information in the video was way over the heads of the posters. I now realize this fact free forum is an echo...
  8. Mojo Warrior

Turntable Engineering Video

I thought this was an interesting video
  9. Mojo Warrior

Are we Cable-Nay-sayers wrong?

In other words the 3% was not statistically significant and can be attributed to chance (i.e. guessing).
  10. Mojo Warrior

Best speaker wire from McIntosh Ma5100 to Ohm Walsh2 speakers

Agree with above but if you want a headache read the following thread: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/are-we-cable-nay-sayers-wrong.942956/unread
  11. Mojo Warrior

1. Hearing is a function of the ear, it delivers auditory information to the brain. It is nowhere close to the accuracy, reproducibility and reliability of measuring devices. 2. Listening occurs in the brain. The brain, unable to hear, can only process the auditory information in ways which...
  12. Mojo Warrior

The basic argument comes down to: BELIEF vs SCIENCE
  13. Mojo Warrior

Maybe it's actually a voluntary hidden tax on the wealthy. Spending hundreds or thousands for magical wire that will go to feed the "little people" who have to slave away in sweat shops to make the stuff. The rich can afford it, let them pay. I can think of a thousand better ways to spend that...
  14. Mojo Warrior

Found these in the garbage!

I love the period correct 1970s shirt you found for your son to wear in the photo.
Back
Top Bottom