Recent content by moray james

1. moray james

JBL Dynamics Project - L200 box, 2216ND/Smith Horn/2405 Slots or Great Heils

yes Heather it clears things up for me. Thank you for taking the time to explain what happened. Tell me though how much do you love the 2216ND's?
  2. moray james

JBL Dynamics Project - L200 box, 2216ND/Smith Horn/2405 Slots or Great Heils

Hello Heather I am familiar with the sound and dispersion of the 077/2405 tweeter, so I would be interested to learn what it was about the 2405 in this set up that you did not like? What was it about them that made you reconsider using them? Thank you.
  3. moray james

Looking for opinions on the JBL 2409H compression driver

no reply. So did you buy a pair and if so how did it go? thanks.
  4. moray james

Is the Econowave dead?

first time looking into the econowave for so long I can't remember. Good to see it still rolling. I wonder if there have been any versions built around any of the JBL PT series of horns or the M2 horn variants? Also in particular if any versions have incorporated ring a radiator compression...
  5. moray james

hello I was reading the thread you posted on the jbl 075 rubberband mod but the photos are nor...

hello I was reading the thread you posted on the jbl 075 rubberband mod but the photos are nor available for me. do you have a photo of what the mod looks like. Thanks.
  6. moray james

Chorus II Upgrade Question

what part is confusing you? I don't want to guess.
  7. moray james

Crites Cornscala B or C

I helped my brother to hot rod a pair of JBL SR Series 4726A (not the but cheek tweeter) and they can be made to sound fantastic. These now have Karlson tapers on both the woofer and horn now. The lens in the photo is a 2D version of the JBL Eon and that lens has a slight 3D curve to it and was...
  8. moray james

Crites Cornscala B or C

good build that super heresy! was ahead of the curve.
  9. moray james

Crites Cornscala B or C

well I have been playing with JBL for a while when life was not getting in the way. While out of my reach I have a friend with a pair of JBL M2. Think I could enjoy a pair of JBL 4367 same parts passive xover.
  10. moray james

Stupid idea? Rebuild cabinets for 4208

you do not need to remove the drivers and install them in a different cabinet. with a tape measure calculate the internal volume of the existing cabinet this does not have to be overly precise, then decide what size box would be acceptable to your spouse. once you have a new box volume in hand...
  11. moray james

Stupid idea? Rebuild cabinets for 4208

you don't have to build anything to find out what you want to know. decide what smaller size cabinet you want and simply reduce the internal volume of your existing 4208 cabinets to match. then you can listen and see what you think and decide what you want to do.
  12. moray james

need to rebuild a pair of 2226 could use some advice...

the coils need to be 4 ohm and I am wondering if there are any other cone/coils from other models which would would be a drop in fit and result in a lower bass resonance? Want to see if there are any options available. Thanks for any suggestions.
  13. moray james

WHAT THE HECK ARE THESE - Has Klipsch Badges

look like Cornwall/s that have been made to look like an Altec 19 but the proportions are a little off.
  14. moray james

Grumpy updates - last 08-19- 23

Thank you Nancy, yes you are right about the kids they are so full of energy and movement and for longer than I seem to remember when my daughter and son were the same age. It was probably the same only I have an extra 35 years of wear and tear now is all. The motion while tiring is really great...
  15. moray james

Current Crop of R-2R DACs

I am also interested in the Morpheus and presently own a Metrum Octave. Since you have had your Morpheus for some time now can you compare it to the Pavane?
Back
Top Bottom