Recent content by Mossback

1. Mossback

Regency HF-150 - Schematic?

Late to this thread. I have Regency HF-150's, they are superb amplifiers and hard to find. I hope you can find a matching unit you will be pleased. Vacuum Tube Valley did a detailed review many years ago highly recommended by them. A senior member here and well know tech rebuilt my pair and...
  2. Mossback

Eico HF-22 Clones with Thermionic Labs OPT's

Dan, I suggest you buy a pair of beat up Eico HF-20. The wonderful Chicago transformers are exactly the same as the HF-22. You could buy a modern clone power supply transformer from Heyboer refinish the chassis along with some fabricating and have a lovely pair of amps.
  3. Mossback

Eico HF-81 Restoration

Pete, There are some known good phono mods but I don't have a link. I use a modern phono with my vintage gear mostly. I'm sure you could find something with a search of Audioasylum or perhaps here. Good luck... Dan
  4. Mossback

2105 or 2505?

Nooboy, I own a rebuilt MC2105 and rebuilt Dynaco A25's. A perfect match in our living room vintage setup. Highly recommended. The original question was asked in 2008 I'm sure the AR owner has moved on.
  5. Mossback

Eico HF-81 Restoration

Pete, I've got two HF-81's waiting to be rebuilt myself. A third one with new caps and an updated Haybor transformer is in my vintage amp rotation. As you know they are very sweet sounding amps. Haybor transformers are what you got? Sand the panels with 400 enough to remove scratches, then 800...
  6. Mossback

Best KT-88 tubes

I've three quad of tubes for my VAC amp. Vintage GEC 000 getter KT88. These tubes are a matched quad test new sound fantastic. Holographic midrange overall accurate sweet and extended. Gold Lion reissue KT88 from Jim McShane. The reissue sounds near to the vintage GEC and are reliable long...
  7. Mossback

MC-2200 (-2205) Cap Replacement

I agree. In my experience the multi can caps are the weak link in most vintage gear. Saying that I was surprised to find one of the coffee can caps on my amp had some minor leakage from the "vent" thingie near terminals. It sounded great stock before I rebuilt it using the eBay kit.
  8. Mossback

Eico HF-81 is blowing Fuse

Patrice B is correct. I have replaced both my HF-81's with a new PS transformer from Heyboer. The PS transformer was one of the things Eico cut corners on. The new ones are quiet and run cool to the touch at modern service voltage. At a bit over $100.00 it's a no brainer.
  9. Mossback

Need some advice on what to do with a pristine eico hf81

I own 2 Eico HF 81's and have rebuilt several others for friends successfully. They can be rebuilt with modern parts into a wonderful sounding little guy. I love them. FB night is correct do as he suggests. One thing don't use it. The electrolytic caps in it are well beyond their shelf life...
  10. Mossback

Elvira is retiring !

Yes, she stated several times over the years she appeared on that great LP cover. Loved her back in the day but was delighted to see her recently on Counting Cars. Seems like a truly sweet lady and still looks great to me.
  11. Mossback

Discogs and Release Identification

I'm struggling with this myself. Not very tech savvy so it's not the fault of Discogs.
  12. Mossback

Mcintosh C-28 thoughts and recommendations.

I agree with what Twiiii said. What will this be used for? Your main gear setup or a second system? Lets face it the MC2505 with a C28 is a classic match! I own and love a MC2505 have heard an old stock C-28 with it in my home. Found this combo not bad but lacking. My thoughts are a total...
  13. Mossback

Integrated Amp search continues

To better answer your question what speakers and source gear will you use? What size room? Music? Are you thinking used or new? What is your budget? Rogue Audio is a good value overall. I've heard a number of Rogue setups over the years at RMAF nice stuff. I've never heard a Parasound HALO but...
  14. Mossback

HF-81 resto

Highly recommend what Tube-a-lou said, new Heyboer power supply transformers are a great improvement safer as well. ~$100.00
  15. Mossback

Eico HF-81 -- best output tubes?

First of all having only 100 hours some caps may not have settled in yet. In order, vintage Mullard, reissue GL, USSR surplus OTK 6P14P-ER those in my experience are best sounding EL84's in the HF81. I have found it takes up to 100 or more hours for tubes to sound their best. The nine pin tubes...
Back
Top Bottom