motorstereo
Birthday:
Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 61)
asphalt paver wingman

Share This Page

motorstereo

the wonder of it all, Male, 61, from Connecticut

Subscriber

Oh good I'm glad to hear you're getting it and I'm betting you're really going to like it. Make sure and post your thoughts on it Mar 21, 2016

1. Autobot
      Autobot
      Merry Christmas Motorstereo.
    2. BOfService
      BOfService
      motorstereo, did you ever get those SP-3s working to your satisfaction for hi-fi? (Circa 2013...)
      1. motorstereo
        motorstereo
        Yes I did as a matter of fact. I sold them and was never so happy to see a pair of speakers leave ever. Honestly though there's no way to make those peaveys listenable in a home environment
        Nov 28, 2016
    3. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Oh good I'm glad to hear you're getting it and I'm betting you're really going to like it. Make sure and post your thoughts on it
    4. lakegville
      lakegville
      Thank you for your input on the MX-117 pre-amp. With that i told him i would take it. Thanks again.
    5. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Yes I am but it's much too big to ship. Unless you can do pony express???
    6. luxmaster
      luxmaster
      Are you selling your Yamaha rx 1130? I might be interested? Thanks
    7. Guest113
      Guest113
      Hello. This is probably a long shot but if you're local I'm very interested in your XR-5s. I'm in Jersey.

Thanks.

Tom
    8. Autobot
      Autobot
      I do not like the new site!
      anyway wanted to let you know I have new speakers...was going to upload new pics to my albums but they seem to have disappeared so...pick are here
      https://twitter.com/AutobotBrandon/media
    9. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Yes I've used the 1/4 to rca adapter with success on many different pro power amps including the Urei. I think this is the best way of hooking them up to a regular preamp. Good luck and let me know how it works for you
    10. nesbuddha66
      nesbuddha66
    11. nesbuddha66
      nesbuddha66
      Hello Brian,

You responded to a post I started about connecting the Urei 6260 to my pre amplifier.
      Could you confirm that you use the 1/4" to RCA adapter with success on your amp?

Is this the type here
      [IMG]
    12. moose68bash
      moose68bash
      Happy New Year, Brian. I hope you had a great holiday season. Ours was pretty quiet, but that is what we like! We're really glad you liked the "goodies." I only wish we owned that business, but the similarity in names is only a coincidence. Thank you again for the stands. I've got to get to work on them. My concept is to fit two maple butcher blocks on top of the posts (after trimming them down), but I need to get a real plan done before I start cutting anything. I may hang out here more often than I have to date. It does seem to be a pretty good group of guys. Warm regards and many thanks, Phil
    13. Autobot
      Autobot
      Hello,
      no mention of the MIT cables which ones did they send?
      I am still running the Mogami for the surround sound but in the process of some major upgrades see my albums http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/album.php?u=48554...more to come.
      Just purchased a pair of the Emotiva XPR-1 monoblocks waiting for delivery.
      2 channel pre and phono to the Vincent tube line (sweet sounding) now running Kimber Kable Hero interconnects for the 2 channel and they actually do sound better than the Mogami.
      having an electrician com this Friday to run 3 dedicated 20 amp lines 2 for the amps and one for the rest of the system.
      Good to hear from you too.
    14. Autobot
      Autobot
      Merry Christmas to you and your family.
      Oh and happy birthday to you.
    15. honestabe316
      honestabe316
      Yeah, at some point today im going to subscribe so I can do exactly that...thank you

Scott
    16. Autobot
      Autobot
      Merry Christmas
    17. jlindsey86
      jlindsey86
      Hello motorstereo. After doing a search for technics sb-7000a speakers I ran across a thread where you mentioned you restored a pair. I am about to do the same thing myself. I had a few questions for you. I read that you used rustoleum paint. Did you just paint over the existing laminate? Did you use a brush or spray? What grill cloth did you use? Anything you would have done differently looking back?
    18. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Hal; Good to hear from you and I'm doing well. My winter vacation is due to end very soon and back to paving Ct's roads. If I am in the area I'll make sure and stop by and say hello. Take care and best of luck to you in Willimantic.
    19. hanick
      hanick
      Brian Long time. How are you. I am assigned to the court house in Willimantic. Stop by and say high if you are in the area. All the best.
      Hal
    20. Autobot
      Autobot
      Merry Christmas
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 61)
    asphalt paver wingman
    obsessed with this audio insanity

vintage audio, boating and motorcycles