Feb 21, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Birthday:
Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 62)
asphalt paver wingman

Share This Page

motorstereo

the wonder of it all, Male, 62, from Connecticut

Subscriber

Oh good I'm glad to hear you're getting it and I'm betting you're really going to like it. Make sure and post your thoughts on it Mar 21, 2016

motorstereo was last seen:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:04 AM
    1. Autobot
      Autobot
      Yeah pretty awesome gains there.
      But really dont know what I am going to do yet still need to save the money up for this.
      And then decide what to do when I get it saved up I may just put directly to the principal on the loan probably the better thing to do anyway.
      But for now save up and dream.
    2. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Holy jumping jehosophrats! Those are some might impressive numbers. What exactly are your plans for all that hp? Surely you can't be just thinking of playing around on the street with that kind of power.
    3. Autobot
      Autobot
      Alrighty the dyno results are now posted for the new e-force
      599 hp 547 torque
      http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/superchargers/camaro/
      the shop that is going to do the install will be doing the 1st on in the country I go and see them Saturday if the weather is good they are going to double check my dyno tune I just need to ask them if my Camshaft profile is compatible with the blower if so should get even higher numbers then 599 HP.
    4. Autobot
      Autobot
      The one I want has not been released yet so the dyno results for the E-force have not been posted.
      I like its looks over all the other blowers available for the 2010 Camaro right now
      click the picture below for full size pic
      [IMG]
    5. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hey glad to hear all is well with your newest toy. Hmmm that last sentance has my interest piqued. A supercharger for the new Camaro? I really need to know the details on that one. If my math is correct that should add between one third and one half more hp?
    6. Autobot
      Autobot
      its all hooked up and. I like it so much better than the Marantz fact is there is really no comparison. The Onkyo is a true pro unit where the AV8003 is a home unit with pro features.
      I can update the firmware via the net the Marantz has a network connection but the user can not do it the unit must be taken to the shop for that.
      the PR-SC5507P is at least 5-8 pounds heaver then the.
      The rack-mount ears are a kit inside the box so its just optional.
      the sound is far better too for movies still dont use an A/V unit for 2 channel I did try it out but still like the sound of my Yamaha better.
      Meanwhile the Marantz is still in the shop.
      I doubt I will use the additional channels but currently just using the 7.1 I would need another amp for the extra 2 channels. And I really want to get to saving up for a supercharger for the Camaro.
    7. Autobot
      Autobot
      I will let you know all about it.
      But it will only be used for movies not 2 channel I have yet to hear a modern A/V sound as good as my vintage Yamaha C-70.
      I did try the Marantz out to see what it sounded like as just a stereo Yawn...very bland and lifeless compared to the brilliant sound of the C-70 but was an amazing sounding in surround.
      I hope the Onkyo will sound as good as the Marantz for movies.
      I will keep you posted.
    8. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Wow 2 bad Marantz's isn't any fun at all. That's a fine looking Onkyo that you have coming though. 9.2 surround sound and 110 S/N are pretty impressive. Hopefully the Onkyo will be much better than the Marantz's for you. Let me know what you think of it soundwise when you have a chance.
    9. Autobot
      Autobot
      I know one thing I am not happy with my Marantz AV8003 pre pro surround processor.
      The first one died in 3 days got another id died in 2 months got it back from the shop in an hour the center channel went out been in the shop for over 2 weeks now.
      Selling it when I get it back.
      Already ordered something else the Onkyo pre pro http://www.onkyopro.com/model.cfm?m=PR-SC5507P&class=Preamplifier&p=i
      it will be here tomorrow.
    10. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Great job Brandon. You must quite pleased. I know for sure that I would be.
    11. Autobot
      Autobot
    12. Autobot
      Autobot
      That HP gain is with all the mods, his dyno only keeps the 1st pull and any pull that is best it the one saved.
      So with the headers cam and intake and underdrive pulley I gained 90 HP over stock.
      Yeah I can really feel the difference the car will really lay me back in the seat.
      Dont know what the top end is the car was limited to 155 MPH but they turned that off
      I will probably never know just how fast it will top out.
    13. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      WOW! That is one hell of an increase. 90hp more with a cam? The stock cam must've been pretty mild or this one must be pretty radical for a boost like that I'd say. I'm sure by the seat of the pants it has to be very noticable. What's the top speed now with the new gearing?
    14. Autobot
      Autobot
      stock

[IMG]

after mods
      [IMG]
    15. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Wow that not only sounds great it looks great as well. It does have quite the growl to it now. What are your driving impressions? Did you get any before and after dyno numbers? That sure is one heck of a nice looking ride and you must be quite proud of that beauty.
    16. Autobot
      Autobot
    17. Autobot
      Autobot
      Yeah the new crown has plenty of power and speaker control is down right amazing.
      They are bringing the guy in for questioning and a polygraph.
      If it was not him then maybe he can lead them to the people that did the break-in but I have told them I want to prosecute and so does the insurance co but I dont have much confidence in our local Sheriff Dept they had so many missed opportunities on catching the guy that came back I mean they had him and let him go.
      They had shoe prints in the house and a good one in the mud outside the house and when they caught him they did not take a picture of the sole of the shoe of even an imprint how dumb is that?

OH I did drop the Camaro off at the performance shop this morning and hope to have it back next Saturday..they have a lot of stuff to do.
    18. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Holy moly 2100 watts! Yeow and I thought I had decent power at about one fifth of that. That must rock the entire neighborhood.
      Any chance of prosecuting the bastard that took your gear?
    19. Autobot
      Autobot
      They did not take the Technics
      The crown MA 12000i is fantastic 600 watts less than the 2 QSC were bridged but it is still more powerful I can not use full gain on it like I did with the QSC amps it has loads and loads of power 2100 watts per channel @ 8 ohms.
      here is the data sheet http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/amps/140535.pdf
      sounds like live the clearest my system ever sounded, brilliant clarity.
      They have recovered some of my equipment at a pawn shop and are questioning the guy he said he bought the stuff at a local flee market, yeah right buy high-end stereo gear turn around and pawn it a couple of weeks later.
      The insurance co has paid me so if I want any of the stuff I have to buy back from them.
      stuff so far they recovered Elite surround CD player LD player (had a spare) Yamaha C-70 that will be what I buy back so I will have an extra one
      The amps and blu-ray hd-dvd player all my movies have not found yet.
    20. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Auto; Hey thanks for sending along those nice pics. That looks like a great set up. That big Crown really looks interesting. What are the specs on that one? Is that your original technics tt? What are your thoughts on this set up vs. your original one? One more question; have they caught the guy responsible yet? Sorry bout all the questions. I'll bet you're pleased to have it all set up and running once again and it's looking great Autobot.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 62)
    asphalt paver wingman
    obsessed with this audio insanity

vintage audio, boating and motorcycles