Feb 21, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Birthday:
Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 62)
asphalt paver wingman

Share This Page

motorstereo

the wonder of it all, Male, 62, from Connecticut

Subscriber

Oh good I'm glad to hear you're getting it and I'm betting you're really going to like it. Make sure and post your thoughts on it Mar 21, 2016

motorstereo was last seen:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:04 AM
    1. Autobot
      Autobot
      System is finished Click pic for full view
      [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    2. Autobot
      Autobot
      Just did my income tax so uncle Sam is paying for the gears (not the install but the gears)
      Dont know what the install will cost just yet since they are doing a new Camaro now for the first time so I will be the second one they do. The shop does a lot of corvettes too but the camaro rear end is a little different.
      Since the Tax is paying for the gear I opted to go ahead and upgrade the rocker arms to roller tip rockers a little lighter and a lot stronger and will have less resistance the factory rockers dont have the roller tip.
      Since the shop has to pull them off to put the new valve springs on I save the labor.
      Do it right do it once.
      That 4.10 gear should really lay me back in the seat the others are saying its like shedding 2000 pounds off the car.
    3. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Sure you'll stop after this one last part. Kinda like just one more upgrade to the stereo; right? I imagine this will gear it down a bit and give you a bit more grunt off the line? Wow that must be a fun ride for sure.
    4. Autobot
      Autobot
      Well heck
      I swear I will stop after this one last part..I must or I am going to go broke.
      Still waiting for the cam to be delivered to the shop and then I decided to go ahead and order a set of gears and get it all done at the same time.
      getting the Richmond 4.10 gears
      [IMG]
    5. Autobot
      Autobot
      Yeah the warranty will be history
      It will be 1850.00 with a new dyno tune.
      Dont really know how much more HP hope to get another 50.
      here are the specs
      238/240 @50 605/609 lift 112 lsa
      patriot dual valve springs
      hardened push rods
      factory specs
      204/211 @.05 .551/.525 117 lsa
    6. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Wow autobot you're brave to put a cam in a brand new vehicle. Is that an overhead cam? How much of a job is it to install and how much more power will that give you?
    7. Autobot
      Autobot
    8. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      AWESOME NEWS! That's fantastic autobot. Next step is to find the dirty bastard and prosecute him to the fullest. Best of luck to you on this one and keep me posted. I'm sure this has been quite a bright spot for you.
    9. Autobot
      Autobot
      A break in the case
      They found some of my equipment at a pawn shop
      From there they should be able to trace back to the thief.
      Since the insurance co has already paid me for the equipment they get dibs on it but I can buy back the components if I want I will probably buy back the Yamaha C-70 it was mint and this way I will have a spare for parts.
      They did not find the QSC amps yet and since I have the crown dont know if I will buy them back have not decided yet on those.
      I hope they find the DVD and Blu-ray movies though
      I should get the list of all the stuff found soon.
    10. Autobot
      Autobot
      The seat of my pants says yes I can really tell a difference.
      But still the GM 426 BHP rating seems overly optimistic.
    11. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      That's a very healthy increase in power for bolt ons I'd say. You must be quite pleased with those numbers.
    12. Autobot
      Autobot
    13. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Does look like the lack of back pressure hurt his torque a little bit. Those are still great numbers though. Nitrous should be a blast no doubt.
    14. Autobot
      Autobot
      I'm not too sure on what gains I will get the shop said my torque was very good and the HP is on par with the other stock Camaros they dyno'ed.
      Tomorrow it will be finished.
      There was a Camaro before mine stock with only a muffler delete his produced 343hp 358 torque compared to mine 337hp 382 torque (wonder if that hurt his Torque)
      anyway here is the thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59795 wont take too long to read through it same people doing mine he went with a lot more upgrades than I am doing Cam and a nitrous bottle.
      The only thing I want to do after this is have a 3.70 gear installed.
    15. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Sounds like the motor's either restricted as hell or GM's motor's numbers are very optimistic. I don't see how you could lose 90 hp. through the drivetrain and exhaust though but each dyno does measure different as I'm sure you know. Those numbers certainly aren't anything to be ashamed of by no means but it'll be interesing to see how much you gain with those new mods. Any guesses?
    16. Autobot
      Autobot
      At the shop now.
      stock dyno run results
      382 torque 337hp
      Kind of disappointing I would have thought a car with 426 HP at the motor would do better than that.
      And to think I thought it was already fast.
    17. Autobot
      Autobot
      They left the speakers (too big to carry I guess) they weigh almost 200 LBS each.
      I like the sound of the Crown its a lot closer to live than the QSC amps were. The max power says its 2100 watts per channel in stereo @ 8 ohm but the published power rating must be rated lower that it actually is because it sounds a lot more powerful than the 2 QSC amps bridged at 2400 watts each, I don't even need to run it at full gain.
      The mid range and treble is amazingly clear and crisp and detailed.
      The only draw back it the fan its a little loud but not enough to distract.
      The Marantz surround processor if far more advanced than my old Pioneer Elite the HD audio is clear and realistic.
      http://www.gearwire.com/media/crowninternational-macrotechi-125aes.wmv
    18. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Glad to hear you got tunes again. Did you get new speakers to? How's the new set up sound?
    19. Autobot
      Autobot
      The system is completed.
      With some frugal online shopping I was able to get some good stuff for a lot less than retail.
      The surround sound processor is a refurbished Marantz AV8003 pre-pro, found another Yamaha C-70 preamp, OPPO BD-83 blu-ray player, B-stock Crown MA 21000i amp for stereo and also home theater using a balanced switch box between. Emotiva XPA-5 for center and surround all balanced. as soon as I get a new camera or can borrow one I will post some pics.
    20. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Sounds good; I'll be looking forward to it. How's things going on getting your set-up back or getting a new one?
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 62)
    asphalt paver wingman
    obsessed with this audio insanity

vintage audio, boating and motorcycles