Feb 21, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Birthday:
Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 62)
asphalt paver wingman

Share This Page

motorstereo

the wonder of it all, Male, 62, from Connecticut

Subscriber

Oh good I'm glad to hear you're getting it and I'm betting you're really going to like it. Make sure and post your thoughts on it Mar 21, 2016

motorstereo was last seen:
Feb 21, 2018 at 6:04 AM
    1. Autobot
      Autobot
      I have not thought about it but I might enter a show just to see what happens just for kicks.
      Going to put these center caps on after the plating
      [IMG]

yeah I am pretty sure I heard them break in too the 2534 Neglex Quad Cables are really amazing.
      They also make an RCA-RCA I got a pair for the CD player you will not be disappointed there either.

really opened up my PD-65.
    2. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Wow looking great Autobot! Looks and sounds like you'll have a very capable showpiece. Are you planning on entering it in any car shows?
      You may be on to something on the cable break in. Having not heard my set up now in a few days now I was astounded when I first turned it on this am by the transparency. I'm not sure if it's because I've had some time away or if it's getting better. Either way I do know there's an improvement over 1/4 to rca's.
    3. Autobot
      Autobot
      [IMG]
      Just bought these from my dealer they were a take off from another Camaro
      $1500.00 for the complete set
      A new set of Pirelli P-Zero with out tax, mounting, balancing and disposal fee it $1658.00 so I will have a second set with 15 miles on them for the future and saved some money.
      I have removed the polished rims upgrade @ 470.00 from my order
      And going get these broke down and ship them to Los Angles and have them chrome plated for 580.00 + shipping by this company
      http://www.calchrome.com/process.php
      http://www.calchrome.com/service_chrome.php
      I think the chrome will really pop against the victory Red.
    4. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Auto; Yes I've been listening quite a bit. To be completely honest I haven't noticed anything on break in. They seem to sound about the same as when I first installed them. They are very transparent sounding for sure. The thing that really gets me is how much I had to turn down the gain on my subwoofer. All I did was change cables to mogamis. Who know though maybe I'm in for a treat later on as I've only had them playing for a little over a week now.
    5. Autobot
      Autobot
      Hey Motorstereo,
      How is it going?
      Have you been listening to the stereo a lot since the new cables?
      Let me know if you also think they break in too...Just want to make sure I am not crazy.
    6. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Wow Auto! I don't know much about car audio but those look like an awesome pair of subs. That sounds like quite the ride you're assembling.
    7. Autobot
      Autobot
      The Subwoofers came in to the dealer yesterday so he took some pics and emailed them to me
      [IMG]
    8. Autobot
      Autobot
      It will take about 1-2 weeks maybe sooner they make the cables to order but well worth the wait.

Yeah I think the performance Mufflers will sound good and gain more HP too.
      I am going to get the GM headers also but they are still not available but the parts dept has me on the order list so as soon as they can they will get them for me.
      Then I would like to get a computer tune I am going to run 100 octane gas in the car there is a VP racing fuel station about 10 minutes from my house...pay at the pump.
      Would like to get a 3.73 gear. And I also have on order the Hurst Short throw shifter also to be a GM offered part.
      A little at a time just like I did my stereo set up.
    9. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Auto; Yes I ordered the mogamis from Markertek. I used the link that you provided and it worked slick. Hopefully they'll be here soon.
      Wow you have to wait till December to get your new baby. That's a long wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it. Those are really nice looking mufflers. I'll bet that will add a nice sounding growl to all those horses.
    10. Autobot
      Autobot
      Oh great so the RCA-XLR are coming.
      Did you order them from Markertek?

Yeah I don't expect to see the Camaro anytime real soon...maybe December they just done know but I am paying on the car twice a month every month almost got 20K down on it now.
      But my performance exhaust mufflers are in just need the car to bolt them up to.
      Went back to the parts room and took a pic of them
      [IMG]
    11. Autobot
      Autobot
      426 horsepower good old-fashioned American Muscle.
      Yeah the wait is killing me mine will be the only one like it in my town.
    12. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Autobot; Wow I guess you have been busy. Holy moly what a car you have coming! It's funny just yesterday I saw the first new Camaro around town. I also commented to the guys at work at what a sharp looking ride it is. This is something I never ever do. Those new Camaros are beautiful looking cars and appear to be full sized hot rods and not the scaled down compacts like we're used to seeing. Good for you and I'll bet you're waiting on pins and needles for your new baby.
      I haven't gotten my rca to xlrs yet but it is in the very near future. I also want to order some more mogami rca's at the same time to complete my main system.
      Thanks for the update Autobot and good luck in getting that sweet ride of yours in a very timely fashion.
    13. Autobot
      Autobot
      Hey Motorstereo,
      I have not been posting here for a while been a little preoccupied on a Car forum
      http://www.camaro5.com/forums/
      my other passion is cars
      Ordered 2010 Camaro 2SS 6 speed manual with RS Package, Victory Red, Gray Leather, Sun roof, Ground effects, High Performance exhaust, Polished Rims, MTX subwoofer, High Performance fresh Air intake, Color matching engine cover, and a Red custom Car cover
      Waiting to be built, I expect if I am lucky it will be delivered in October sometime.
      It will be 4 weeks tomorrow and it has been the longest 4 weeks of my life.
      see the Camaro picture gallery here:
      http://www.chevrolet.com/vehicles/2010/camaro/gallery.do
      Brochure
      http://microsite.chevrolet.com/allnewcamaro/camaro/build/2010_Camaro_Specifications.pdf
    14. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Auto; thanks for the update. Glad to hear they got even better somehow. I am going to get a couple pair of them. You steered me in the right direction with the first mogamis and I'm looking forward to these guys. Unfortunately it'll be a couple months before I can even make a cable purchase. My job is seasonal and weather related as well. The rain we've been having here all year is something like I've never seen. Nice to know though that there is a decent upgrade coming for me at some point in time and hopefully sooner rather than later. damn this rain
    15. Autobot
      Autobot
      A little update on the 2354 cables
      Almost two weeks now and I think they actually got better, I have never thought or believed that a cable needs a break in period but I guess they do? Really still not to sure and wont swear by it but all I can say is that the depth has improved somehow.
      And that the overall improvement is like getting a new cartridge or something its really that noticeable over the other Mogami's.
    16. Autobot
      Autobot
      Q: How much better could it possibly be?
      A: High Definition sound
      Honestly I thought we had in the hole before but the Neglex Quads are mind blowing.
      Here is the link to the catalog the Neglex 7.4 meg so it will take a bit unless you have high speed. ftp://ftp.mogami-wire.co.jp/pub/mit/catalog.pdf
    17. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Hi Auto; I read both your posts on these new cables. Thinking to myself that yup I've got to give these a try. I had often wondered if the XLR to rca would be an upgrade over the 1/4" jack. It seems that I've gotten my answer. I have 2 pro amps with the XLR connection so I'm going to give them a shot next time I order some cables. Glad to hear it made a big difference over the stock mogamis. Now you got me wondering; how much better could it possibly be? Thanks for the recommendation and link. At that price they are definately worth a shot imho.
    18. Autobot
      Autobot
      Your going to hate me for this...
      I got the TecNec Mogami 2534 Neglex Quad Cable RCA-XLR in yesterday and OMG what a difference.
      I was using the 2524 guitar cable with RCA-RCA connects throughout the entire chain and a couple of the 2964 pure patch (the 2964 is same cable as you have now) from the tuner to the stereo controller.
      MY QSC is has RCA and XLR inputs but not the 1/4' So out of curiousness just had to try the XLR inputs even though its an unbalanced XLR the 2354 NEGLEX Quad High Definition Mic. Cable is breathtaking.
      So I am going recommend you give them a try again I think you will be even happier with these over the 2964 cable. I can promise you that.
      you can get them here
      http://www.markertek.com/Cables-Connectors-Adapters/Audio-Cables/RCA-to-XLR-Cables/TecNec-Cables-Connectors/MSC100XR.xhtml
    19. Autobot
      Autobot
    20. motorstereo
      motorstereo
      Your welcome Auto. I'm only speaking the truth and I'm surprised that no one has commented after me.
  • About

Birthday:
    Dec 24, 1955 (Age: 62)
    asphalt paver wingman
    obsessed with this audio insanity

vintage audio, boating and motorcycles