Recent content by mpr2000

1. mpr2000

Kenwood KA-5002 Protection board

Excellent! Great to hear.
  2. mpr2000

Current Source replacement of 2SK34 in Pioneer A9 PSU

Heat sinks will be a tight fit, but may be able to make it work. What is a good working temp range for these?
  3. mpr2000

Success - the A9 is back up and running. All voltages look good/steady and all adjustments tweaked right in to spec. Thank you, thank you for the E202 current regulator diode fix!! This project is literally 4 years old. Blown outputs, pre-drivers, drivers, and the regulator board. Follow-on...
  4. mpr2000

Basic Variac Question

I thought I read that certain designs (architecture) of a solid state amp should not be brought up on or used with a variac. Any insight on this?
  5. mpr2000

One more option I have (on hand): 2SC1885 replace with KSC2690AYS 2SA912 replace with KSA1220AYS Bigger case/footprint, but closer specs... TO-126 vs TO-92.
  6. mpr2000

Follow on question: I've also needed to replace Q5 and Q6. I went with the following. 2SC1885 replaced with KSC2383YTA (this matches very well) 2SA912 replaced with KSA1013KYA (this replacement is all there except the ft) In the circuit below, would this be an issue? ft for the KSC2383YTA is...
  7. mpr2000

Pioneer A9 - Cable release?

Decided to unsolder the switch. Problem solved.
  8. mpr2000

Minor correction - this is the cable to the MC/MM switch.
  9. mpr2000

Anyone know how to release this cable from the switch? This is the Input select mechanical cable from the input selector on the front panel to the Preamp board at the back of the unit. I need to release/remove the cable so I can pull the board.
  10. mpr2000

This topic has been beaten pretty well, but want to validate my options for an A9. The unit arrived to me with a blown channel. Outputs shorted, drivers, pre-drivers bad, etc. And the Voltage Regulator board was also damaged on the +80v side. My question: can I simply replace the 2SK34's...
  11. mpr2000

Ariston RD60 - Arm Questions

And found the fix for the tone arm assembly issue. Simple - hex screws holding the arm to the tone arm assembly base were loose.
  12. mpr2000

Audio Technica AT6006 Safety Raiser - looks like that is it! https://www.vinylengine.com/library/audio-technica/at6006-safety-raiser.shtml
  13. mpr2000

I picked up an Ariston RD60 that needs some attention. It appears to have the Enigma arm, but looks like it had an add-on? See pic below. Any idea what this is? The small black arm says "Push" on the top, and it seems to have a viscous fluid to move up and down. The little arms with the...
  14. mpr2000

Fisher 800-T Right Channel Idle Current Issue

I did find resolve the issue, but hate that I don't know exactly why. I pulled the board again and; removed all transistors and tested for leakage (Cricket), re-installed the original CR801 diodes, pulled and tested each resistor in the bias area - eventually replacing every one on the channel...
Back
Top Bottom