Recent content by mr.muddles

1. mr.muddles

Is hoarding a way of life here?

I think I am about to get rid of most of my stuff, like 75-80%. That will still leave me with more than most I presume but will be thinning the herd substantially. I will still have a garage system, a bedroom system, a home theater system, and a reference system (truthfully, probably some kind...
  2. mr.muddles

ONKYO Model 160 Speakers

Hey there. Sorry for the delay, haven't been too active on here recently. I ended up giving these to a friend as part of a starter system. In retrospect, I think that my initial comments were a bit overstated. It's hard to say. I was speaking based on my experience then. I have had so many...
  3. mr.muddles

Rare Pioneer speakers? S-T500's and TZ-7's.

I'm not so sure about 20hz? That's the same response range as the TZ-9. They do kind of go low I guess but they are certainly missing that punch and slam. I still question that 20hz. I own the TZ-7 and the S-T500.
  4. mr.muddles

JBL 3678

I bought 3 of these. I just hooked two of them up and listened for awhile. The speakers behind them are ADS L1530 which is what I have been listening to most recently. They sound really good. I'm very pleased with my purchase. Not much info on these online other than they have good parts. They...
  5. mr.muddles

Yamaha C-40 Recap & Refresh

Next time I get to work on it I plan on putting new heat sink grease on the transistors, replacing the ceramic caps, and installing a few of the new opamp adapters I got with some upgraded opamps.
  6. mr.muddles

Nichicon LKG and more UKL. There was an odd 47uf I did not have UKL replacement for somehow so I used a Nichicon UKZ instead (it was replacing a Black Gate).
  7. mr.muddles

Dexoit for the volume and variable loudness control and two electrolytic caps: More UKL and UES.
  8. mr.muddles

After cleaning up the glue and recapping: Mostly Nichicon UKL and UES used here in the phono section. I don't use phono section so I wanted it quiet.
  9. mr.muddles

Got started to work on the C-40 today. I haven't had a lot of time recently. Main board below.. you can see some of the corrosive glue in the phono section.
  10. mr.muddles

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Yes, I finished it last week! I've been busy and havent listened to it a lot yet... just checked to make sure its working properly. I ordered parts for 4 preamps so I am going to go through them all. Next on deck is Yamaha C-40 and CX-830. Anyway, after I got done recapping them all I was going...
  11. mr.muddles

Could this be Your Audio Endgame ?

I agree but to be fair the Pre90 is more like $600-700.
  12. mr.muddles

I feel you on this and have been searching out pro amps more and more for their value and watts. However, you can't deny the ultra neutral transparency that the Benchmark pre + amp combo are known for with the darkest background, and even throw in their dac, and pair it with something like...
  13. mr.muddles

Benchmark offers a 30 day trial period for most of their products. If you buy from Musicdirect you get 60 days though.
  14. mr.muddles

Kenwood Basic C1 Preamplifier Restoration/Upgrade

Yeah, everything is working fine. Fortunately not that many electrolytics to swap. I feel like a moron since I have recapped several units in the past with no issue, it's just been awhile and I guess my memory was wrong on the stripe. Yes, I followed the mods... upgraded the opamps, reduced...
Back
Top Bottom