Recent content by Mrv8q

1. Mrv8q

Old Time Radio at Internet Archives

Thanks for posting that, had no idea about it. I was a ig fan of the 40’s-50’s radio dramas, Dragnet, Gangbuster, et al. KNX radio here in L.A. Used to air them at 9PM. I’d record them on cassette and play them back as I fell asleep. This will be fun to dive into!
  2. Mrv8q

Stacked OLA’s

I have 4 NLAs. Have to refoam them before stacking them.
  3. Mrv8q

Tool Time: Electric Impact Wrenches

I have Milwaukee 12V impacts for underhood work, but for lugnuts, I bought the HF Bauer AC corded 1/2 impact for $39 on sale. As infrequently as I do tire rotates and brakes, it works absolutely great and I don’t mind the AC cord.
  4. Mrv8q

Numark TTX Spindle Oil

In the past, I’ve used an old bottle of ‘sewing machine oil’. Recently I lubed a new-to-me SL1300 motor with 2 drops of 3 in 1 oil.
  5. Mrv8q

My 6 year old Yamaha is starting to show its age.

Yamaha CX-A5000, keep your Yamaha AVR as the amp section?
  6. Mrv8q

Rick Cobb surrounds

Very happy with RC surrounds, on multiple occasions.
  7. Mrv8q

Nikko R-25 schematic

Whelp, ABQ, I have a decent but not extraordinary memory. Wha I remembered as the R-25 schematic was actually for a Pioneer CT_F1000 cassette deck. What I did remember was the R-25 owners manual and receipt for its purchase; later than I thought. I believe the little Nikko is a STK amp?
  8. Mrv8q

Nikko R-25 schematic

Nikko R-25, that sounds familiar! Oh yeah, I have one of these, bought new in the early 80(?)s. An early garage receiver for me, then audio tester, then relegated to the depths of the audio closet; I don’t think I have fired this little guy up in 5+years. I might have the original manual for...
  9. Mrv8q

Do any of you remember Yamaha sound projectors?

I have the first one, the YSP-1. Almost 30 pounds and nearly 3 1/2 feet wide. It does have 3 digital and 2 analog inputs, and a sub out. It got some glowing reviews BITD, 20 years ago(?). This’ll be fun to play around with one day.
  10. Mrv8q

Let's See Your Miscellaneous Car Photos

^^^^ Bring a Trailer is your friend.
  11. Mrv8q

Audiokarma Member of the Year 2023

Congratulations, Ms. James. Thank you for your service on this terrific site! And a tip o’ the hat to all the other nominees!
  12. Mrv8q

Do any of you remember Yamaha sound projectors?

I have one of these that I’ve never explored other than it produces sound. Took me a while to find the correct matching remote; by then it was placed in the audio closet where it is today. I forgot about the microphone for this that I don’t have. These sound projectors are massive. I thought...
  13. Mrv8q

Yamaha CR-800 - just scored for $24!

I had a lowly CR-400 and thought it was great with JBL L100s. I also have a CA-800 that I used for years with ADS 12V powered speakers. At the time I didn’t know the main/pre couple switch was problematic, so I have never heard the power amp side of the 800. Great pre, though! Before opening...
  14. Mrv8q

Woofers blown on B&W Matrix 802

I have B&W 802 Matrix S2s. Drivers do come up on the auction site, but very infrequently. There is an APOC circuit to guard against speaker failure; are you sure the drivers are blown and not the x-over? Bummer for sure!
  15. Mrv8q

Any Casseiver Fans out there ?

Next Up? CDceivers?
Back
Top Bottom