Recent content by msh1999

1. msh1999

Restoring Hallicrafters S85

So give it to a professional for repair, thanks!
  2. msh1999

Restoring Hallicrafters S85

I have a really old Hallicrafters i would like to restore but i have never dealt with tubes and radios, I found some tube and capacitors kits that should fit, is there anything more to know or its just a matter of some cleaning and soldering and it should be good as new as long as the...
  3. msh1999

my system

few months of delay as always but here`s whats new. Morel MLP403 room acoustic project (80% finished) Newform Reaserch ribbon speakers with a custom double 9" cabinet, they even got marble plate on top, makes them a great stands :)
  4. msh1999

my system

oh wow, I forgot about this thread:oops: Its been almost a year, lots of stuff, just gonna let the pictures talk (mostly) Musical Technology Kestrel Grado RS-1 (sold) Fitear MH334 Dual CL172 Sony MDR-cd1700 Nad RP18 Sansui SS-100 Dimention 4 Morel duet Morel MLP201 (sold) bought another KLH 6...
  5. msh1999

Has anyone heard of Dimention 4 speakers?

would never guess the tweeter are MB Quart!, yeah pretty sure the mid is Audax`s, the woofers are Vifa P17 WJ00-08. The speakers are already at my house, very interesting sound, lower mids got couple DB increase, balanced bass down to 40hz~ and the highs dont stand out in any way, doesn't have...
  6. msh1999

Has anyone heard of Dimention 4 speakers?

The only info i got is that the company was established in 1982, located in Dayton Ohio, the number of the company is no longer in use (what a surprise:D), nothing else. been wondering if anyone knows the man behind it, I really want to know more about these speakers, since its pretty unusual...
  7. msh1999

Turning KLH 6 into KLH 2?

so i just swapped the tweeters, the problem in one tweeter remains... The tweeter makes a sound at the very low end (1000hz-1500hz with crossover) that somewhat feels like a rubbing voice coil Is this fixable?
  8. msh1999

I got the inductors for such adjustment
  9. msh1999

I can do a simple crossing ,I got a measurement microphone for that as well, and thats all I pretty much need the woofer needs single inductor , and as sberger said the janszen got built in crossover (at 800hz) , so worst case would be adding LPAD other then the inductor. ofc stock sounds...
  10. msh1999

i did not swap the tweeters, i will make sure to do that once Im back home this weekend. Though i opened the thread to find out if i can take the KLH to the "next level" by checking out if its ideal to replace the tweeters with the Janszen 130..;
  11. msh1999

Already reccaped the klh, nothing changed. Not sure how to desrcribe the problem, i guess that sand/distortion is the way to desrcribe it
  12. msh1999

mine got the removable woofers, I`m well aware that just getting another replacement tweeter is the safest bet, but as you said it yourself , the Janzen will probably sound better:biggrin:, also since its a friend it will be possible to test the combo at his house, but I wont do it before I...
  13. msh1999

so here is the thing, sadly one of the tweeters is faulty (working but badly), and getting a matched pair of such tweeter is not the easiest task. I got a chance to get my hands on a pair of Janszen 130, so I was thinking of getting these instead and turning the KLH6 to KLH model two, but there...
  14. msh1999

Sansui SS-100

just start testing the headphones outputs of your vintage amps (especially the sansui stuff) you got until you find the best match for the ss100, you dont need a dedicated headphones amp, the vintage amps headphones outputs can sound as good as a modern high end headphones amp.
  15. msh1999

ADS L710 crossover help

Got a pair of the original crossovers i need to connect to the drivers here and Im extremely confused with the schematics, to the point im opening this thread for help:oops: I noticed the original cables have different colors probably to make life easier for the assemblers at the factory, can...
Back
Top Bottom