Recent content by MuchoReverbo

1. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo's Modern Surf/Spy/Instro-Mental Thread

The Dynotones – The Dynotones! (2001) If you are into instrumental surf rock like I am, this is one to get! Originally released in 2001 and the re-released in 2003 & 2010 due to popular demand. A great album from a superior band with no filler. Makes me want to jump in my hot rod and go...
  2. MuchoReverbo

Awesome! I have seven Insect Surfer CDs in my collection. Datura Moon Death Valley Coastline Infra Green Live in the Valley of the Sun Mojave Reef Reverb Sun Satellite Beach
  3. MuchoReverbo

There are so many great surf/instro bands out there. A lot contain at least one guitar virtuoso. Here's another one of my favorites... and like Messer Chups they have the virtuoso Alex Antonio (Argentina) and also have a hot chick on rhythm guitar Marisol Yolanda (Chile). Los Twang Marvels –...
  4. MuchoReverbo

Los Straitjackets - !Viva Los Straitjackets! (1996) Everyone knows these masked guys. Conan O’Brien’s favorite band! They have been on his shows many times. America's favorite instrumentalists. CD Release Date: June 4, 1996 Label: Upstart/Umgd Total Playing Time: 37:55 Pacifica (Live on...
  5. MuchoReverbo

Messer Chups - The Incredible Crocotiger (2015) A killer release from St. Petersburg Russia’s best surf band! This one is a little more horror-themed than their earlier releases. CD Release Date: June 12, 2015 Label: Storage Records Total Playing Time: 43:23 Magneto Website...
  6. MuchoReverbo

Title says it all. A thread dedicated primarily to modern Surf, Spaghetti, Spy-Fi, Hot Rod, Instro-Mental Mania!!! You know, Jimi was dead wrong when he said we'd never hear surf music again. Quite the contrary. The genre remains as a vibrant niche' worldwide. It's my area of specialization as...
  7. MuchoReverbo

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

What am I listening to right now? This, and it's bringing back some pretty cool memories.
  8. MuchoReverbo

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

My favorite Dennis Yost song from the summer of '69. Not surprisingly this song has been receiving a lot of airplay all of a sudden. "Yesterday's love was like a warm summer's breeze" Great song with great sax and no one will ever be able to do it better than Classics IV did.
  9. MuchoReverbo

Seriously, 13.2 channels? What a joke Denon.

At my last house I ran a 10.3 set-up in a pretty large room. It was awesome. Movies were on a different level altogether. Concert videos were like being part of the show. Can't fit that many speakers in my smaller listening room at my new house though.
  10. MuchoReverbo

Who should get the 4th spot for the college football playoff

Not this year it wasn't. Take away Georgia and Alabama (which was a very good national championship game) and the SEC wasn't that spectacular. It's a shame the two SEC teams didn't have to face a Big 10 team in the playoff. Georgia or Alabama might not have made it to the final. Clemson was a...
  11. MuchoReverbo

Who should get the 4th spot for the college football playoff

I think now in hindsight it was pretty-clear that Penn State should have been the #4 team. Clemson proved themselves to be undeserving in their game. The Tigers were definitely overrated. Even though Ohio State beat PSU by one point in a miracle 4th quarter comeback at the horseshoe, the...
  12. MuchoReverbo

Always liked these little first-gen Novas....

The car the OP posted is a 2nd gen Chevy II/Nova. 1st gen was 1962-1965 2nd gen was 1966-1967 3rd gen was 1968-1974 4th gen was 1975-1979 There was a so-called 5th gen in the 80s but it was based on a Japanese Mitsubishi and is usually not included as a real Nova by the afficionados. I...
  13. MuchoReverbo

Their Satanic Majesties Request Stereo/Mono LP & SACD set

I have two versions of the vinyl LP. The original release which has the 3D cover. If I recall correctly, I think only the first few thousand copies originally had it. The later versions just had a regular cover. It's pretty-cool that they decided to re-release this iconic album as an expanded...
Back
Top Bottom