musichal's Recent Activity

1. musichal liked Old Guy8's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

Its your setup and your money. Just my view, one cents worth. With how quickly DACs' technology advances, I would chose an exteral one...

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:42 PM
  2. musichal liked E-Stat's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

I was wonderin' why you needed so many inputs! For a while, I used a 300 disk Pioneer F27 in the garage. While it provided the ability...

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:40 PM
  3. musichal liked Will S.'s post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

I still think you shouldn't count out the Rega. But if it were me, I'd get the Primare and add the upgrades for streaming and bluetooth.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:42 AM
  4. musichal liked nailer's post in the thread Where is your point of diminishing returns?.

The Law of Diminishing Returns came into play after purchasing my first system in 74 and I've been ignoring it since then.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:35 AM
  5. musichal replied to the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

I figured if a pig can do it... then I'm the man for the job.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:34 AM
  6. musichal liked Mister Pig's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

From Emotiva to Levinson. You don't mess around when you upgrade! I likey. Regards Mister Pig

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:32 AM
  7. musichal liked FauxHall's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

Sony TA -A1ES. Four RCA line level inputs and one one balanced. 80 wpc and remote for power, volume, mute, and input selection....

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:28 AM
  8. musichal liked nailer's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

Since this will be your last amp I think the Levinson would be an excellent choice even if underpowered for your speakers.

Sep 20, 2017 at 10:27 AM
  9. musichal replied to the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

Mark Levinson No. 585, for example, has my current attention. Used, obviously, and still will take a bit more saving, but I believe...

Sep 20, 2017 at 9:28 AM
  10. musichal liked MurrayLives's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

The problem with integrated’s is you almost always have to do some settling. No matter what you spend. Maybe a listing of where your...

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:56 AM
  11. musichal liked Ds2000's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

Yamaha's A-S3000 is a contender, even though the list price is high. I've seen several demo and open box units in the $4,000 range. Has...

IMG_1110.JPG Sep 20, 2017 at 8:55 AM
  12. musichal liked MCM_Fan's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

As would I. I can see why the OP was intrigued by this model. It's another uncluttered amp that has everything the OP desires, but...

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:37 AM
  13. musichal liked Robie's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

Love to hear the Rega Elicit. I've been very impressed with a few integrateds over the years. Years back, a Musical Fidelity integrated...

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:35 AM
  14. musichal replied to the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

The suggestions, observations, recommendations and PMs are more helpful than you guys may realize, even more helpful than I anticipated....

Sep 20, 2017 at 8:32 AM
  15. musichal liked guiller's post in the thread Upgrade From Separates To Integrated Amp... Long Post.

I´d suggest you to consider any of the two Sonneteer integrated amplifiers, the Orton and the Alabaster. Superb sound and building...

Sep 20, 2017 at 7:46 AM