musichal's Recent Activity

1. musichal liked twiiii's post in the thread Looking for a $200ish very warm integrated receiver.

Warm SS! I would recommend NAD or Sansui though some of the Pioneers from the 70's were nice. But if you want something built...

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:13 PM
  2. musichal liked Mister Pig's post in the thread How do you describe "more musical"?.

Run this phrase through the spouse translator, and you get: "This is going to cost real money". Regards Mister Pig

Feb 17, 2018 at 12:09 PM
  3. musichal liked DaveVoorhis's post in the thread Image is higher on different amp.

Or... That.

Feb 17, 2018 at 3:00 AM
  4. musichal replied to the thread Image is higher on different amp.

The CR-800 emits helium.

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:58 AM
  5. musichal replied to the thread vintage yamaha ca-2010 -or- marantz PM6006.

Could go either way, imo. That vintage model might require restoration to bring it back within original specs. When further expense is...

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:56 AM
  6. musichal replied to the thread How do you describe "more musical"?.

musical - 1. of or pertaining to music 2. having a pleasant sound, melodious, tuneful One can argue that a sound is either musical, or...

Feb 17, 2018 at 2:17 AM
  7. musichal replied to the thread Do You Ever Wish Less Would Satisfy?.

Keep It Simple Stereo

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:17 PM
  8. musichal replied to the thread Cassettes On the Rise?.

If I had a Dragon, I'm sure I'd play with tape a little more often, but not enough to make it worth the time or investment. However,...

Feb 16, 2018 at 12:08 PM
  9. musichal replied to the thread Looking for a $200ish very warm integrated receiver.

I'd want an NAD if looking for warmth in a receiver, and this is the guy I'd want to buy from, even though I'd have to ante up a bit...

Feb 16, 2018 at 7:13 AM
  10. musichal replied to the thread Cassettes On the Rise?.

Most of the fun with cassettes, for me, was found in recording mix tapes, or preserving albums. Recording was fun. Every now and then...

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:50 AM
  11. musichal liked Todd Dodds's post in the thread Mark Levinson No. 585 Integrated Amp.

I was going to make a wise-crack about your need for a good display in order to hear something. But the more I considered the ability...

Feb 16, 2018 at 6:01 AM