musichal's Recent Activity

1. musichal replied to the thread What makes Audiophile?.

Audiophile is a term used in relation to music reproduction. Loving the sound of live music, or of the natural world, does not make one...

Nov 20, 2017 at 7:11 PM
  2. musichal liked E-Stat's post in the thread What makes Audiophile?.

That's not saying a lot for that era. "The Fisher" brand had fallen behind by then. An Audio Research SP-6 with D-150 or say a Mark...

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:34 PM
  3. musichal liked E-Stat's post in the thread What makes Audiophile?.

"Now we've found?" Surely you're not suggesting that Lafayette and Radio Shack offered the same audio quality as gear from companies...

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:34 PM
  4. musichal liked CKDC's post in the thread Mark Levinson No. 585 Integrated Amp.

I just updated with a new integrated amp replacing a 1980's Luxman receiver (with blessings from the Mrs.) I was concerned that Claudia...

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM
  5. musichal liked BearWolfe's post in the thread Mark Levinson No. 585 Integrated Amp.

Do you give lessons? I am still in the dog house after last purchase, a Forte Model 3 that I snuck in the house, and perhaps rightfully...

Nov 20, 2017 at 6:12 PM
  6. musichal replied to the thread What makes Audiophile?.

Go to your nearest high-end dealer and listen, then decide for yourself.

Nov 19, 2017 at 7:00 AM
  7. musichal replied to the thread What makes Audiophile?.

I have to disagree a little bit. You can love sound reproduction (whether music or turkey) without the best gear. But we all have some...

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:41 PM
  8. musichal replied to the thread What makes Audiophile?.

...on the other hand, I've never heard anyone claim an inverse relationship between quality and price, either. People say you get what...

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:18 PM
  9. musichal liked IPADave's post in the thread Stereophile reviews the Outlaw RR2160.

Hey, careful with those Carver comments. ;) I'll say this about the style of the RR2160: at least it has style whatever you may think...

Nov 18, 2017 at 8:01 PM