Recent content by MusicinOz

1. M

Bi-Amping RTi-A9s

Thank you Legrace, Tuesday can't get here soon enough.
  2. M

Bi-Amping RTi-A9s

"audiophilia nervosa", that's funny squisavior, gave me a chuckle. Sadly, living in Topeka, Kansas I didn't really have anywhere to go audition them. Have spent countless hours over the last six weeks reading everything I could find on these speakers, and decided to take a leap of faith based on...
  3. M

Bi-Amping RTi-A9s

Thanks 62Caddy, looking forward to getting them. Will be powering them with a Yamaha CR-2040 till the Luxman amps come back from the shop, they are getting a full re-cap currently. Anxious to hear them sing.
  4. M

Bi-Amping RTi-A9s

Thanks nj pheonix. The Luxmans do have volume controls, but it sounds like it is a bit tricky to match everything up properly. Will have to think on this decision. Curious as to how many watts you are feeding your speakers, and if you think 300 will be enough to bring these big speakers alive.
  5. M

Bi-Amping RTi-A9s

Thank you the skipper. Sounds like it may not be worth the cost and effort.
  6. M

Bi-Amping RTi-A9s

Greetings from Kansas, I will be taking delivery of some Polk RTi-A9s this Tuesday. I will be powering them with a couple Luxman M-120A amps in BTL for 300 watts. Am curious about Bi-Amping them. I may be in possession of a Luxman M-02 soon and was wondering if I could use the M-120A amps for...
  7. M

Boston Acoustics A-400 woofer

62caddy, yup, that's where I get hung up. Thinking they are 8ohm speakers wired parallel to achieve the 4ohm load. Been searching for some time for a solution. I'm not a tech and probably only understand enough to get myself in trouble. ;) Finally decided to ask for help on AK, figure someone...
  8. M

Agreed. Just this morning took two Luxman M-120a amps in for a tune up, he suggested Simplyspaekers.com. checked the website and they do have 8" woofers, but, compatibility is the real trick.
  9. M

Agree with that grillebilly, am always searching for some beat up donors, just seems like A-400's don't show up often and almost never with shipping. Have seen 2 pair on e-bay in almost two years. We are located in Topeka Kansas...found a pair in 2017 in Colorado but his mother had just passed...
  10. M

Thanks Artie, I told him he would be buying 4 woofers, not just the two destroyed by the rodent...he just wants them up and running. He agrees with your assessment on their performance.
  11. M

Greetings, I have a friend with a pair of BA A-400's that need new woofers. He lives in the country and sadly a mouse chewed away at the woofer cones. BA doesn't offer a replacement so I am searching for options for him. Does anyone know a suitable replacement that can be had? Appreciate any...
  12. M

Matching Cables?

Greetings all, Curious if it is important to use the same interconnects throughout my system. I have a vintage Luxman setup C-120A Preamp G-120A M-120A Amplifiers (2 in BTL mode) T-88v Tuner Klipsch Fortes I feed the music from my computer to a Parasound vdac.v2 with a Pangea Audio Premier USB...
  13. M

Luxman C-120A question

Wow! That would be incredible ilusndweller, I have looked everywhere for the owners manual since purchasing my C-120A a month ago...it's like unobtainium. +1 on getting your M-120A up and running, I am running two of them in mono and love the sound they put out...big fan of Luxman, currently...
  14. M

Luxman C-120A question

Thanks Blue Shadow...went back and looked at the images and see that those without the outlets are 220v. Feel kind of silly for asking now...should have opened my eyes.
  15. M

Luxman C-120A question

Greetings fellow members. Curious about the Luxman C-120A...I have seen pictures of this preamp without the A/C outputs on the back and, like mine, with the A/C outputs. I have also seen images of the C-120A mkII version with and without the A/C outputs. Just curious if anyone can shed any light...
Back
Top Bottom