Recent content by mythless

1. mythless

Need advise for speakers

What do you like about the Regency? How does the Yamaha compare? How does the Yamaha lack in comparison? Those are the questions you need to ask yourself when you're looking for speakers. If you like the sounds of horns, try to find some older and smaller Altec/JBL/Tannoy/EV and such.
  2. mythless

EPI Speakers

The classic Epicure 100M are nice, real wood veneer. I had a pair that I did a charged coupled crossover and it was super nice. They are a classic for a reason. The 150 were also very good. All in all, if they are the earlier stuff, they're all good stuff.
  3. mythless

So here's a really cheap way to reach audio nirvana

I had something similar with a pair of L200, used a 2235H, 077, Ashly XR1001. It was glorious.
  4. mythless

EPI Speakers

It means you've resurrected a thread that I created almost 13 years ago. I have lots of love for EPI/Epicure/Burhoe/Genesis. I've owned lots of them and lots of other speakers.
  5. mythless

EPI Speakers

Almost 13 years late, friend.
  6. mythless

Axiom Millenia M60 V2 Opinions ?

There is a lot of engineering that Axiom does for their speakers. I've always liked their stuff. Since, Bryston's acquisition/partnership with Axiom they made the whole Bryston's speaker line up, which are also fantastic. As well, the new KLH Kendall line-up. All, engineered and manufactured in...
  7. mythless

Axiom Millenia M60 V2 Opinions ?

I think Axiom makes very good speakers. They do but have a lot of exposure in other markets but, I like them.
  8. mythless

Which speakers did you decide to buy back / buy again?

I will buy almost any EPI/Epicure/Genesis/Burhoe speaker as long they're in very good shape and with real wood veneer.
  9. mythless

AR "The Turntable" headshell

Have a picture? I have the same table but, with an aftermarket headshell and the leads are removable. But, I would think the original is also removable.
  10. mythless

Official AR Turntable Owners Thread

I've been eyeing this table for awhile, one province away. It was still available when I flew over to visit my folks. Not a bad deal. It was previously serviced by a shop. However, it still needs a bit of servicing and adjustments. Belt seems new, so that is a plus. I will tear into it when I...
  11. mythless

JBL 4425 - Mark II??

As you said, try a different amplifier.
  12. mythless

PSB Avante speakers ( 1970-1980)

Not necessarily, it all depends on the shop. Innovative Audio in Surrey BC can fix it and they do all sorts of repairs. A reputable shop may also know certain people who fixes certain items too and give them the contract.
  13. mythless

PSB Avante speakers ( 1970-1980)

They are most likely Philips woofers. The woofer can be repaired. Just take it to any reputable repair shop.
  14. mythless

Human 81 speakers (EPI 100?)

Not to mention, they are made in the US. Plus, Huw is a fantastic guy to deal with.
  15. mythless

Sansui SR 212 won't stop spinning!

From looking at pictures online, the switch seems to be located behind the tonearm. If cleaning the switch doesn't work, you might need to replace it.
Back
Top Bottom