Recent content by Nashou66

1. Nashou66

A-1020 on the hobbyist bench

I stand Corrected !!! :D Nashou
  2. Nashou66

LOL , I never thought my designating your Yamaha Wimaha would turn into this!! Awesome!! lol Athanasios
  3. Nashou66

Yamaha B2 - the "why" and the "how" of a comprehensive rebuild

Welcome aboard Allribbon !!! Everything looks really good for first time board builder Im Impressed !!! :thumbsup: I might have some of the BP caps for your driver board. I can send you them at no charge .
  4. Nashou66

Yamaha B-2 Full Rebuild with slight modifications (Scotland, UK)

Nice Job!!! Love the rear panel as well!!! Athanasios
  5. Nashou66

Test Equipment Sub-Forum

I have a Sencore LC 75 . Up to 600 volts operating voltage. Just be careful with those !!! Nashou
  6. Nashou66

Show Off !!! :D :thumbsup:
  7. Nashou66

Well, I believe it's very helpful in deterring people not to go under the hood of these amps. And I was considering having you test mine . And his statement "Would amp be in protect if vfets were bad?" doesn't necessarily mean his unit is in or out of protection , to me it was just a question...
  8. Nashou66

And you won't with all those WIMA's in there. ;) lol Your's will be know as the Wimaha A-700 :D Nashou
  9. Nashou66

I got that from your video on the K77's . Where you do the diode test to see that they are not at least fried. I think you said to see if they have a "pulse" However having said that, the further testing you do with your quad power supply testing is the proper way to go. :thumbsup: Athanasios
  10. Nashou66

Yamaha newbie A-700 resto thread

And Happy Birthday James !!! nashou
  11. Nashou66

Yamaha newbie A-700 resto thread

Id wait till you change the trimpots before chasing your tail anymore . Nashou
  12. Nashou66

Do not turn it on any more until it is inspected and the V-fets are tested to make sure they are ok. Athanasios
  13. Nashou66

Its in the thread I linked. But first have you done any work to your B2 power supply and do you have the original filter caps still in the unit? If so, Id first test the v-fet for and initial "Pulse" test I attached. if they pass the "pulse" test then Id rebuild the PS and get new filter caps.
  14. Nashou66

I had the same issue . Replacing all transistors on the driver boards solved my issue. https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/b-2-has-distortion-in-right-channel-time-to-re-visit-my-restoration.1013723/ Athanasios
  15. Nashou66

What's your best sounding record? What's your favorite record?

Best sounding for me is a tough one, but to be a bit different my original pressing of "Head on the door" by the Cure . Favorite is also tough Maybe Son Volt's "Trace" Album. Or Dexter Gordons, "Dexter rides again" Athanasios
Back
Top Bottom