Recent content by neevo

1. neevo

Help - Mac G4 (old) Video Card

Just to update here. I was doing some searching for a graphics card and instead landed on a seller with a Mac Pro 3,1 for a crazy $100 Dual 2.8Ghz, quad core with 32GB of RAM and seems old enough (2009) that it’s just about backwards compatible with the studio setup I have. Currently in the...
  2. neevo

Ok sounds like I was right to be sceptical. I’ll keep hunting and see if I can find an actual duel output ago card then or maybe one that uses the PCI slots instead.
  3. neevo

I can see cards like this but have no idea if this will work or even fit in the slots I have available:
  4. neevo

I’ve pulled my old music studio out of looooong term storage as I’m keen to play around with it with my 2 girls (10 and 8). It’s basically been all packed up under the stairs in my house for 20 years. It was pretty good stuff when I bought it (a few synths and a digidesign 001 interface, 16...
  5. neevo

What are you listening to right now and on what speakers

Mr Mister - Welcome to the Real World LS50’s
  6. neevo

The Who - Live at Leeds LS50’s Another instalment of albums Ed’s never listened to but probably should.
  7. neevo

McIntosh C20 - can and should I bring it back from the dead?

I’ve since played around with the arm more. It has on the fly SRA adjustment that I’ve never really used. But I suspect I was a bit nose down and playing around with it I’ve managed to settle the clicks and pops and gain a bit more width in the soundstage. Slippery slope though and I’m...
  8. neevo

Here we go again, what an idiot! Thorens TD150

VTA has made a huge difference for surface noise. I think I had the Black a bit nose down and dropping the tail a bit has improved the soundstage a fair bit and made the pops and clicks disappear in to the background. Good vinyl is sounding wonderful.
  9. neevo

Johnny Cash at San Quentin LS50’s
  10. neevo

Anyone played with VTA? I’ve never really played with it despite buying the Audiomods arm with the micrometer adjustment. I find my Ortofon 2M Black exceptional but the clicks and pops can sometimes be a bit overbearing on less than perfect vinyl. I was going to try dropping the rear of the...
  11. neevo

The spacers just came off the printer. Only took 18 mins in PETG. Gentle press in to the hinges and they work perfectly and fit like a glove. Can now lift the lid without the hinges falling off. Very pleased.
  12. neevo

Thorens TD150 MKI 45 RPM Arm

I sprung for a genuine Thorens belt from an authorised seller in Oz. $65 Not cheap but I don’t replace it often and would prefer to have a genuine belt from someone that guarantees the fit.
  13. neevo

Never mind. It crushes the top end that’s why the pops and clicks disappear. Man I love the 2M Black on pristine records but it can be a bit of a pig on less than perfect ones.
  14. neevo

Question for the experts. Been doing some fixes on my Thorens TD150 and as I put the turntable back in the system I forgot which phono input to use, so I put it on High. I think before I had it on Low. Low is supposed to be used with cartridges of <10mV (my 2M Black is 5mV), so I should be...
  15. neevo

Ultimately that’s how I landed the C20 for $250. Hopefully one day the McIntosh gods will reward me for saving the C20 with another project.
Back
Top Bottom