Recent content by Neo-Luddite

1. Neo-Luddite

MC-60 tube replacement?

Thanks guys...I'm not sure what was done. The other tubes have numbers like 30, 32 and 29 written on them....so I can just buy any matched set?
  2. Neo-Luddite

MC-60 tube replacement?

I had a 6550 blow up yesterday and there's a '27' written on it by the guy who rebuilt them. Each power tube has a different bias number written on it. What do I need to do? I can't imagine bringing the amps back in every time they need a tube?? Thanks much~
  3. Neo-Luddite

Dual 1228: operate arm manually to align headshell?

I want to install a new headshell on my Dual 1228. How do I operate the tone arm manually? Sorry...I'm a total newb. Thanks!
  4. Neo-Luddite

Spotify from ipad into hi-fi?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I have Spotify on my iPad and I'd like to play it through my hi-fi. My CD player has a USB port but when I plug the iPad in, it says no support. Thanks much...
  5. Neo-Luddite

Speaker terminals on MC-60s?

Thanks Terry...care to elaborate in 'moron' terms? :drool:
  6. Neo-Luddite

Rel Subwoofer and McIntosh Balanced Amp?

I've got my REL wired like they want...at the speaker terminals on my MC60s. But I get a hum from the REL when the amps are on. Should I hook the REL neg. to the neg. terminal instead of common?....or to the chassis? Thanks!
  7. Neo-Luddite

Speaker terminals on MC-60s?

I get sound with positive and common...how come not with the negative terminal?...what's the diff? The reason I ask is I have some buzz from my REL subwoofer which is tapped into said terminals. But the REL instructions say +/-...:scratch2: Thanks, Aaron
  8. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

The REL subs are piggybacked off the speaker terminals...speakers and sub get same signal.
  9. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I finally got the REL T7 set up last night. It took about 10 minutes to get adjusted but I'm sure I'll mess with it a bit more but...wow! I need to get a few more hours on it but so far, it's exactly what I'd hoped for. I was pleasantly surprised that I really can't tell where the bass is...
  10. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I'm excited to try this REL too! I ordered some Kimber 4PR....nothing fancy just thought I should get something decent. I had to have them 'made' with small spades for the MC-60s. I bought some Kimber Hero connects recently and noticed a decent improvement so the speaker cables seemed like the...
  11. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Waiting for my new speaker cables...still haven't hooked up the REL. I'm getting excited and curious!! :yes:
  12. Neo-Luddite

MC 60's in the house!!

I had to bring one of my 60s in for a quick repair last week and decided to try an older SS Yamaha amp I had.....wow, no contest! The Macs are soo sweet. :drool:
  13. Neo-Luddite

MC 60's in the house!!

LOVE mine!!!...:)
  14. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

I found some more reviews of REL subs last night and I'm pleased. REL really seems to do things differently and the reviews are very good. REL subs are biased towards 2 channel stuff and that's what I'm doing. HT doesn't interest me much... :drool:
  15. Neo-Luddite

Are sub-woofers lame?

Thanks!....this is nice info.
Back
Top Bottom