Recent content by newrival

1. N

Tekton Owners Thread

Interesting comments. As I am very familiar with the Maggies and I owned the Focus SE, I would be interested in your comparison. The Focus SE's in particular are quite refined. I eventually moved on to anthony gallo, emerald physics, and Monitor Platinum.
  2. N

Tekton Owners Thread

I am definitely not saying that he doesn't have a good, or even excellent product. I am only saying that he's doing himself a great disservice to his business. It's the equivalent of blogger click-bait. And I'm not even saying he needs to be modest. I've been looking at picking up a pair of his...
  3. N

Tekton Owners Thread

But you do realize that "over 1k" means next to nothing in the world of hi-fi when he's claiming that these sound better than ANY other speaker. he literally says at any price.
  4. N

Tekton Owners Thread

The only thing that is obvious is the HE thinks he is a brilliant designer. No specs, no details, no real evidence of any kind that he is this "brilliant" designer. I am one of the probable hundreds of potential buyers that he loses due to his ccrazy hyperbolic claims. He's done audio shows, and...
  5. N

Boxee Box and netflix

deleted.
  6. N

Good desktop nearfield small speakers?

Granted, the sony's setup seem interesting (and potentially promising), I just have yet to hear a sorny loudspeaker I felt was very resolving outside of their obelisk-like SS-Mx line. But that's just my experience and I haven't come close to hearing half of all the stuff they've put out over the...
  7. N

Ohm Acoustics & Walsh Driver Show 'n' Tell

Did you have the 2's originally and then have them upgraded? I had always thought about doing this but never went through with it. If you did, can you comment on the difference between in sound as you perceived it? I'm curious as to how you might achieve this. Will you hang them upside-down...
  8. N

Boxee Box and netflix

nice. I was unaware that boxee's netflix app did 1080p, I had only seen 720p. Thanks! WMC is fantstic. I use an Xbox 360 as a media extender to stream live media and recorded shows to the bedroom. It really works great. And nothing beats the picture of OTA TV broadcasts, I had no idea how much...
  9. N

Boxee Box and netflix

Billfort, have you tried windows media center? It might be a great choice for your 3rd system with the HTPC, especially if you're going to have cable, or satellite or OTA broadcasts.
  10. N

Ohm Acoustics & Walsh Driver Show 'n' Tell

I really would love to hear a set of the "big boys" some day. The A's and F's are just so monolithic, I love it. Although I think My wife would bury me in one if I brought them home :D especially after owning Polk SRS's
  11. N

surround sound setups

Yeah, I've been extremely happy with it. I don't anticipate upgrading for a while. It doesn't decode the newest lossless audio but my ps3 does and sends it PCM and it sounds fantastic.
  12. N

Good desktop nearfield small speakers?

$10 at a garage sale combined with your impressions make me suspect there was something wrong with them. And the A2's are hardly expensive: $200 for a pair. The A5's reach just as low as your Sony's, and, I would wager, with more resolve and less distortion.
  13. N

Boxee Box and netflix

I've used boxee for a couple years (mostly while in beta) on my HTPC. I like the final product and the boxee box seems nice. I use my PS3 for netflix as it's one of the only ways to stream 1080p from them for now. Also I use Media Center for most of my media needs (mostly live tv, since WMC is...
  14. N

Best movie to watch to give surround sound a workout

Just watched Sector 9 again last night and was surprised at how good the surround was. I think the last time I watched it was on stereo.
  15. N

Whose speakers are these???

Who's speakers are they? They're mine! give em back! :D
Back
Top Bottom