QC Chemist

Share This Page

Nick_G

Active Member, Male, from Whitchurch, Hampshire, UK

Nick_G was last seen:
Nov 22, 2017 at 4:34 PM
    1. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
      I did not see the BIN one until you mentioned it. Coincidence. Long time none, then two at the same time.
    2. Nick_G
      Nick_G
      Shame about the Roksan but from what I've read the Denon is likely to have better selectivity if you need it. It's certainly a fine choice for both sound and DX.

I also splurged on a minty looking Pioneer F-93. It should be here soon. That will be an interesting shootout with the Denon.

Regards,
      Nick
    3. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
      The seller is boxman30 in Seville, OH, and it was starting and ending bid of $300. Nobody else bid. eBay item number: 370907863209

I know there are cheap tuners but this was on my list of good ones thanks to your recommendation.
      I have been trying for a week to buy a Roksan on US Audio Mart thanks to Doug s posts, but the guy is undecided about selling it to me because of shipping to Alaska. Strange since I pay shipping. He does not want to use USPS. Maybe he also does not want to get an estimate first on UPS. I showed him my 100% feedback on ebay and Agon but nothing so far.
    4. KevinCorr
      KevinCorr
      Nick, I picked up a Denon TU800 on ebay. Only 1 bid !? No competition on that one.
  • About

QC Chemist
    I'm a big radio fan and have been into FM DXing for over 20 years, although I've only been able to set up a proper aerial in the last few years. I'm also into audio/hi-fi in general.

Music, radio, hi-fi/audio, sci-fi, films, books, computers, technology, science, gadgets, weather, collecting rocks