nj pheonix's Recent Activity

1. nj pheonix replied to the thread I thought I was an audiophile........

Geez, And all this time i just thought about the sound

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:03 AM
  2. nj pheonix replied to the thread Anybody notice Hifishark.com doesn't show ebay offerings anymore?.

Last time i looked they did. Must be a recent development. Too bad. There was another search engine (forgetting name now ) I think it...

Aug 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM
  3. nj pheonix liked MoTeD's post in the thread Bob Latino M125's all lined up.

Had a couple extra (cough, cough)coins and wanted to invest into my system. My 250Ti's have been, by my late grandfather, modified to...

Aug 17, 2018 at 9:55 AM
  4. nj pheonix replied to the thread Bob Latino M125's all lined up.

Oh I'm not the expert but I you want to get max useable power and don't want to invest in a lot of rectifier tubes, you should probably...

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:49 AM
  5. nj pheonix replied to the thread Bob Latino M125's all lined up.

Waiting to hear story. Why so many?:lurk:

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:44 AM
  6. nj pheonix replied to the thread Best reasonable tube testing gear.

Hank , I'm not sure if its practical or he's shared. I remember Dave Gillespie built (I think from an existing tester (with additional...

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:42 AM
  7. nj pheonix replied to the thread AU-20000 Troubleshooting.

:lurk: I can't say I'll ever dig into one but the process should be educational. I hope you don't mind me looking over your shoulder.

Aug 17, 2018 at 4:31 AM
  8. nj pheonix replied to the thread One of the greats Aretha Franklin passes away R.I.P.

I think we're up to 5 I think that says a lot about how much we all appreciate her:D

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:53 PM
  9. nj pheonix replied to the thread "Are Vacuum Tubes worth it?" By Paul McGowan.

If I made and sold high end audio equipment , you could rest assured when I told you about them on videos ,whatever I made them with was...

Aug 16, 2018 at 4:51 PM
  10. nj pheonix replied to the thread Aretha Franklin Passes at 76.

4th thread I found Oh well RIP

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:53 PM
  11. nj pheonix replied to the thread Happy Birthday to Ohighway!.

Happy birthday Rick!:jump:

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:51 PM
  12. nj pheonix replied to the thread One of the greats Aretha Franklin passes away R.I.P.

Not that she's not worth it but there are at least 2 other concurrent threads...

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:44 PM
  13. nj pheonix liked dB happy's post in the thread Does solder matter?.

Not really applicable to audio, but google "tin whisker". It's where microscopic whiskers of tin grow off solder joints where...

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:05 PM
  14. nj pheonix liked knockbill's post in the thread Does solder matter?.

Proper solder iron heat is important also,,, ya don't want the tip to stay on the joints too long... I tin the tip before each joint,...

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:05 PM
  15. nj pheonix liked toxcrusadr's post in the thread Does solder matter?.

63/37 is aka eutectic solder, which means the exact formula of any two metals that has the lowest melting point of all possible...

Aug 16, 2018 at 1:04 PM