nj pheonix's Recent Activity

1. nj pheonix liked Mister Pig's post in the thread Researching The PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. Its Unusual..

Later this morning when PS Audio opens up I am going to order one. Cheers Mister Pig

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:49 AM
  2. nj pheonix replied to the thread Dynaco ST-70 Trouble with Biasing.

Power tubes We did understand that

Mar 25, 2019 at 8:38 AM
  3. nj pheonix replied to the thread Dynaco ST-70 Trouble with Biasing.

It's easy cheap insurance. The whys are in this article (though this morning it wouldn't open from my phone. Hopefully they're just...

Mar 25, 2019 at 4:40 AM
  4. nj pheonix replied to the thread Newly minutes audiophile requesting vintage tube amp recommendations.

OH ps If you become a subscriber , you will have access to a forum called barter town. So when you're ready to go shopping you'll have...

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:16 AM
  5. nj pheonix replied to the thread Newly minutes audiophile requesting vintage tube amp recommendations.

Sort of a broad question with really no right answer. If you want to go back (and I'm going by somewhat unofficial hierarchy ) Mcintosh,...

Mar 24, 2019 at 8:04 AM
  6. nj pheonix liked GChief's post in the thread S.M.S.L. Amps......wow!.

I’m not even sure how much distortion mine has, didn’t even look. Guess that make me a not a numbers snob as well. I quit chasing...

Mar 23, 2019 at 5:26 PM
  7. nj pheonix replied to the thread Researching The PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. Its Unusual..

I appreciate you being the guinea pig :D

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  8. nj pheonix liked Mister Pig's post in the thread Researching The PS Audio Direct Stream DAC. Its Unusual..

I have to say I have had a long and enjoyable run with my Audio Magic Kukama DAC. It functions well, and would make someone a great...

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:17 PM
  9. nj pheonix replied to the thread S.M.S.L. Amps......wow!.

I don't consider myself a #s snob. I like tubes, even SE amps. 10-12% distortion sounds like a lot to me. I'm guessing that's at full...

Mar 23, 2019 at 1:12 PM
  10. nj pheonix replied to the thread Amp Question?.

If power switch is off , you're good to go. Breaker doesn't need to be off.

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:21 AM
  11. nj pheonix liked Delmarva's post in the thread Show Us Your Skulls.

Not until all the skin falls off.

Mar 23, 2019 at 4:15 AM
  12. nj pheonix replied to the thread Show Us Your Skulls.

Does anything with a picture of Keith Richards apply?

Mar 22, 2019 at 3:48 PM