Recent content by njcanuck

1. njcanuck

Snagged a pair of Chorus 1s

I’m also a Chorus fan. I actually prefer the I’s over the II’s mainly due to ease of placement with the front facing ports. Generally, new crossover caps are required at this age and will clean up any midrange distortion. I also like the titanium tweeter diaphragm upgrade. I tried titanium...
  2. njcanuck

Stereo review SR14 Test Record

The instructions have been uploaded to the AK Database Here: http://akdatabase.com/AKview/displayimage.php?album=112&pos=14
  3. njcanuck

Hi Neil, I should be able to insert a single page. Rich

Hi Neil, I should be able to insert a single page. Rich
  4. njcanuck

hhscott.com no more?

Just checked and realized that I uploaded the old web pages (in PDF format) to the AK database too. So I think most, if not all, the info is there. I don’t believe that there have been any additions to the original site in the past 10 years.
  5. njcanuck

hhscott.com no more?

Thanks to hjames and tinkerbelle for alerting me to this thread - I don't hang out here as much as I used to although I do still administer the AK database. As far as I've been able to determine, the HHScott.com website has been inactive and unadministered for many, many years - essentially...
  6. njcanuck

H.H. Scott LK-48B

The full LK48B assembly manual is in the AK Database and available for download.
  7. njcanuck

musichal is now Extinct

So sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed his posts. RIP Hal.
  8. njcanuck

Sorry no. They all went with the kits.

Sorry no. They all went with the kits.
  9. njcanuck

ANOTHER SCROE

12 years old? Yep, it better have Bluetooth! Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) will be streamed from her phone.
  10. njcanuck

Fisher 500B Tube & Component Questions

Mixed tubes usually indicate routine maintenance replacement. Those blue capacitors underneath are certainly replacements. That’s all that catches my eye but the real experts will be along shortly. There are many restoration threads here on AK. Looks like a good project. Edit: I see Larry beat...
  11. njcanuck

Just received notice that Bob Crites has passed

Great products and a very nice man. He will indeed be missed. RIP
  12. njcanuck

Klipsch Chorus I vs Chorus II

I believe the Mid diaphragms are interchangeable. I tried the Ti diaphragms in my CIIs but didn’t really like them. I thought they were too bright / brittle soundIng in my normal sized living room. They did sound better in the larger family room (20 x 30). Overall I preferred the Crites...
  13. njcanuck

Klipsch Chorus I vs Chorus II

The Chorus II tactrix mid horn will not fit the motor board of the Chorus I cabinet without modification. The front has different dimensions.
  14. njcanuck

Anyone tried Deoxit on a watch movement?

Time for another update. The old Luminox watch slowed down again and then stopped. New battery didn’t help so a fresh shot of Deoxit D5, let dry overnight and she’s running great again! I think the seals on this old piece are no longer up to snuff so the the Florida salt air and moisture creep...
  15. njcanuck

San Francisco to KC... internet to tube audio

I use a Squeezebox Touch. Discontinued now but you can build one with a Rasberry pi. Lots of info on here.
Back
Top Bottom