Recent content by njmpmcc

1. njmpmcc

Two quick record collections if one is local

I came across these two auction listing for "many boxes of rock, pop +. shipping cost are too high, but for Charleston Savannah, Hinton Head locals. They could be good deals. No affiliation. KEF's+ also. https://www.ebth.com/items/3556742-large-vinyl-record-collection...
  2. njmpmcc

Best adhesive to repair water damaged mushroomed corners?

Will do, although I'll have to wait until June 6 for the Zpoxy to arrive.
  3. njmpmcc

Thanks to all who have replied with ideas. I have decided to go with Glenn's suggestion of a fluid epoxy, Zpoxy, because of its combination of epoxy's strength, lack of shrinkage together with the advantage of its lower viscosity than standard epoxy and better wetting that will come with it...
  4. njmpmcc

I picked up a pair of Klipsch KG 4 speakers at a good price in an auction which have some mushroomed corner seam damage. I can compress the 2 damaged corners back together using 3 large pipe clamps and wooden blocks to spread the load. After I loosen the clamps and corners again, i would like...
  5. njmpmcc

Dual 1009SK Cart Alignment Question

They are being sold on ebay as shown: http://www.patleaver.com/#!product/prd15/3213853101/dual-turntable-tk-12-cartridge-alignment-tool Kind of expensive, but see also Vinyl Engine. They do make it easier. http://www.vinylengine.com/turntable_forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=71901
  6. njmpmcc

Where can I buy a "Groovmaster Label Saver"

I couldn't find any listing for the large , 4.5" diameter Groovmaster O- ring on the Amazon Groovmaster page, or ebay, but a link at the bottom of the Amazon Groovmaster page was a link to O ring suppliers, one of which had a huge selection of O rings where it was easy to find a replacement...
  7. njmpmcc

Where can I buy a "Groovmaster Label Saver"

Where can I get a replacement for the large O -ring?
  8. njmpmcc

Record Cleaning: Developing the Best Possible Methods

Vince - Still awaiting the receipt of the Betaine surfactant for a Tergitol combo on my test LPs. so I haven;t had a chance to test yet. I have been drying after a 30 ppm CaCo3 (our North Fulton tap water - not very hard & filtered) rinse with a light cotton towel touch to pick up loose water...
  9. njmpmcc

Per the MSD sheet I found, it is Cyastat SN by another name, so definitely a quat, just not a simple tetra alkyl quat. If you found the ACL web site, you can see it comes in different concentrations which were not clear from the MSD sheet, I found elsewhere. RE PVA. Are you speaking of Polyvinyl...
  10. njmpmcc

Vince - Thanks for your additional input. The reason I want to try the mask/coating route is that I have a few LPs that have only partially responded to the straight surfactant approach with too many realtively loud pops remaining. The favorable reviews from the PVA mask devotees have impressed...
  11. njmpmcc

2. Finished my "PVA cleaning mask" experiments. Ended up with one that contains anti-stat, is pH neutral, and has some detergent. It also mostly peels off by itself after drying overnight (pic below). It's a little tricky to make and ends up using a lot of reagent so to make things simple for...
  12. njmpmcc

Anyways, all this recent talk about glue has forced my decision to get back to experiments with PVA masks that I previously abandoned. Surely I can come up with a DIY mix that uses simple ingredients, is pH neutral, contains antistats, is not harmful to vinyl. I'll see if I can accelerate drying...
  13. njmpmcc

Denon DP 300F Belt Driven Turntable

I saw this listing online but noticed it was the only one at this lower of a price point. It seemed suspicious so I disregarded it. If you have ordered from this website in the past and haven't had any issues then I will give another consideration. I did buy it there and wondered also, but it...
  14. njmpmcc

Denon DP 300F Belt Driven Turntable

I don't know about any discontinuance, but the best price I have seen and what I think I paid was from New United Audio. Here is the link: https://www.newaudiounited.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=25_76 Good luck. I have had no problems with mine and it is indeed easy to use.
Back
Top Bottom