Nobody2
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• I don't much about Giessen really. My first month there I was engulfed in culture shock. After moving to Fulda, I drove down there every month or two to see my boss (that was often enough). I don't know anything about the silos there, but I know there were still flak towers in existence near various bases in Germany. If there was one thing the Germans did extremely well in WWII, it was build robust concrete structures. I also don't know about underground facilities in Giessen, but most places I visited (including Fulda), there were rumors of massive underground facilities. There was probably some truth to it, at least in some locations.
    When I moved to Germany in 1978, I first lived in Giessen for just a month because my office was there (the Giessen Resident Office of the European District of the Army Corps of Engineers). I then moved to Fulda to set up a Project Office there to support the construction activities for the 11th ACR. i stayed there for 3 years before moving to Augsburg for another 5 years. I loved every minute of being over there.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom