Recent content by noisemodule

1. noisemodule

JICO/EVG--What's Up?

I would have, but I don't work for JICO anymore. If that is all you need to know, disregard the rest of this message.
  2. noisemodule

Pickering XSP-3003 Up and playing

Thank you, this information is much appreciated! I think its safe to say the JICO web site is in error. :rolleyes: The D140 should definitely not be listed as a replacement for the XSP-3003.
  3. noisemodule

Pickering XSP-3003 Up and playing

Hi Wualta, I just want to clarify, can you confirm the XSP-3003 is an MM cartridge? I can't seem to find any official info on it. A customer bought a D140 stylus because the JICO web store states it is a replacement for the XSP-3003, but my info says the D140 is an IM stylus. So either the web...
  4. noisemodule

Stylus Comparison: Jico Elliptical vs. Tonar Hyper-Elliptical in Shure V15-III

I might (repeat: might) be able to do this. First I need to get my hands on a V15 type III cartridge. (I should probably just pony up and buy one, but I'm inclined toward a V15VMR...or just put that money toward tickets to fly back and see my family, but I digress.) Assuming I can procure a...
  5. noisemodule

JICO introduces "Neo-SAS" stylus

I was replying specifically to the question regarding the VN5MR neoSAS/s (High Grade). There is also a VN5MR (featuring the same sapphire cantilever and SAS tip). The difference I noted is relative only to these models and the VN5xMR neoSAS/s (High Grade) and VN5xMR respectively. There are no...
  6. noisemodule

As with the previous generation, the difference between othe "High Grade" and the non-High Grade is the wire suspension system. The suspension system of the non-High Grade version is constructed similar to the original sure stylus. The High Grade version shares the one-point wire suspension...
  7. noisemodule

Hello all, Here is a link to the information on the neoSAS (in English). The sapphire cantilever is a orthogonal prism while the ruby cantilever is a 4-sided, tapered pyramid. Both feature the same SAS tip as the previous boron cantilever models, though these are truly nude-mounted. Despite...
  8. noisemodule

Can someone explain Jico's website?

I'm not bursting anything. Just trying to figure out how this situation developed. I mean, 10 years ago nobody new the name JICO. Now it seems that many parties want to capitalize on the name recognition. It's not a terrible position for the company to be in, but if managed poorly -or not at...
  9. noisemodule

Thank you, John. Although I can't (read: should't) really shed any light on on these issues at this time, learning some of the details and understanding the perspective of the customer is invaluable. I'm just trying to survey the landscape. Hopefully that will allow me to provide appropriate...
  10. noisemodule

Exactly my point. These "generic" styli sold under various brands are sourced from several manufacturers. Whatever truth there may be to specific claims or rumors, there is no way to know for sure whether a particular item was manufactured by a particular firm. The way the business is...
  11. noisemodule

Sorry, I haven't been ignoring this post, but neither can I "officially" comment on it. Personally, I am curious to know how/why this association between EVG and JICO has been made. Anyone know of any other brands which are purportedly "made by JICO?" Alternately, does anyone know what other...
  12. noisemodule

その通りです。:thumbsup:
  13. noisemodule

my pleasure! I don't always have time to keep up on the AK forum, but I try to check it semi-regularly and post when I come across questions that I can address directly.
  14. noisemodule

Hi Everyone, Seth here (foreign guy at JICO). This is a great thread and I'd like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and opinions. For the record, the opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of JICO. I'll be as honest as I can, though I...
  15. noisemodule

JICO SAS Discontinued

Just to offer my two cents: I can't confirm or deny (not to be coy, I just don't have enough info) that the stylus in the photos is made by JICO, but I will say that it looks a LOT like a JICO VN45HE. Like, exactly...to me anyway, for what it's worth. I will try to compare more thoroughly and...
Back
Top Bottom