Recent content by Noreaster

1. N

Pics of your listening space

What happens to it after the next few months?? If you won't want it anymore, can I have it?? :D
  2. N

Looks like crappy homebuilt - wait..... OMG!

The first two digits of the serial number are the year: 1985. On the line for Type, HBR = "Heresy, Birch, Raw". (To save a few bucks, the owner could buy a set without veneer and then stain or even paint (!) as he saw fit). Yours appear to have been stained and then finished with a clear...
  3. N

Fisher Statesman II - S70 - Modern Cabinet - 1961

That is one of the nicest Fisher consoles I have ever seen. Thanks for posting all the pics.
  4. N

My little estate sale adventure...

Ha! What fun to see this old thread of mine resurrected. I'm happy to see that the photos have miraculously survived. Interestingly, of all the gear I bought at this estate sale 6+ years ago, the Dual 1019 turntable is the only piece I still have. In fact, it's hooked up to my main system at...
  5. N

AR 5 speaker serial numbers

The AR 5 was around from roughly 1969 to1975; slotted in price between the AR 2ax and the 3a, it was never a big seller. If I were to guess, I'd say yours are from 1970 or 1971. Check out the library at classicspeakerpages.net; there's quite a trove of AR brochures and literature. I'm...
  6. N

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

"It is what it is."
  7. N

Luxman L100u int amp no output and is this the right int for me?

If this is any help to you, I also acquired an L100 in November that had similar symptoms to yours: The orange power light would not come on and no sound. However, the red muting light would light up when the volume knob was tapped (as it's supposed to do) so at least I knew it wasn't totally...
  8. N

Aiwa TOTL tuner (European model) with no output??

Here's a few photos of the tuner I'm talking about (Aiwa 9700). Only the mono light will light up (not the stereo light) and only one of the two tuning lights. I just got the service manual so maybe that will provide some clues.
  9. N

Aiwa TOTL tuner (European model) with no output??

I picked up a circa 1979/80 Aiwa tuner, model 9700, but can't get any sound out of it. It is a European model with the round AC prongs. It is an analog tuner but also has a digital display. I bought a US AC adapter plug and switched the voltage switch from 220-240 to 110-120. It powers up...
  10. N

Mystery photo LP inserts - SOLVED

^^^ Winner!
  11. N

And now, for bonus points, who would like to answer the question "What is a 'Nantucket Sleighride' ?" (As someone who grew up in Massachusetts, I am disqualified.)
  12. N

It's Mountain. The photos came as inserts (as well as an illustrated lyric booklet) to the album Nantucket Sleighride.
  13. N

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

I'm never been a fan of the Grateful Dead, but I know someone who is, so this will make a nice Christmas gift: At the Goodwill outlet I bought about 80 Grateful Dead "bootleg" concert cassettes. About 10 tapes are shows from the 1960s, 30 from the 1970s, 20 from the 1980s and 20 from the...
  14. N

How many speakers do you have and what are they?

Not bad, just seven pairs plus the E-V: Jensen TR-10 Tri-ette KLH Model Six EMI DLS-529 JBL L26 Decade Snell J/II Sequerra Met 7.7 Canton Fonum 330 Electro-Voice Aristocrat (single)
  15. N

Fisher Custom Electra V, Mod E46-X

Nice find! I have a Custom Electra IV from the year before (1962). I found it on craigslist and it had been in the same family its whole life. You'll be amazed how great it'll look once you give the cabinet a light freshening and cleanup...and how great it sounds! I use mine mainly listen to...
Back
Top Bottom