Recent content by Normo

1. N

Barter Town 500-C grab

Looks like the printing on the chassis was spared . Did you do anything special to protect it ? Norm
  2. N

For those worried about DBT 100W incandescent bulb availability...

Before my wife passed, she had migraines that the CFL's seemed to exacerbate. Over the years I bought literally 100's of bulbs when they started publishing reports about getting rid of incandescent bulbs.
  3. N

A few Technics tables I did this week and an AKAI.

Threads like this tick me off. Why don't don't people like you live down the street from me and not across the border! Life would be ever so much nicer. Great work. Norm
  4. N

Klipsch heresy, recommendation for which version, and fair price on the used market

Hi all, I have been trying to make sense of the different iterations of the heresy models. I have some very old and beat up la scalas which I like and a pair of decent condition KLF 30's. I am curious if a pair of heresys would be a good choice to flesh out the lineup of klipsch choices I...
  5. N

Yamaha sound CR 620, 820, 1020 what would be the differences with sensitive speakers

In going through old AK posts after I had posted the above question, I realized that I had asked somewhat similar question back in 2015, but would still appreciate any helpful feedback. Thanks
  6. N

Yamaha sound CR 620, 820, 1020 what would be the differences with sensitive speakers

I picked up each of these some years ago for a song. Turned out it was a very bad song, none of them worked, and one local fellow said they all had big problems and he would take them off my hands as a favor to me. I didn't think so. He was the idiot, at that time I was not. If I had the...
  7. N

Kenwood L-07 MkII amps and L-07CMkII, repair and restoration

I am the lucky owner of these items. I have had them sitting in storage for a few years. They were little used before being stored away by the orignal owner in the late 1990's. They are original and have the black flag caps and the L-07C MKii (from someone else )supposedly has had some work...
  8. N

Sony 2251 and/or 2250 owners thread

There are definitely raised aluminum letters, but as to the textured surface, I have no idea since I don't have the piece. It looks like in the picture you show there are vertical striations in the background to the letters, , yet for others for the same model, I am not sure there is any...
  9. N

Duane, thank you so much for that information and ebay listing. This is what is so great about AK, strangers, united only by music and gear helping other strangers with similar interests. I really appreciate it. Norm
  10. N

It's the label in the bottom of the two pics you sent, the black one with silver letters that says " SONY" and the one you said is more available than the other one that has the 2251 in it. That one I do have. As for pictures, I don't know how to post, I am a dinosaur of sorts, and your...
  11. N

I have an old beat up 2251 that is missing the SONY name badge. that is set into the top of the plinth. Any idea how to get one? Can it be 3D printed? Thanks. Norm
  12. N

The Tony Collection

Great story and reminiscences of life and music. I'm a bit older, possibly could have crossed paths at some point in the natural world, but certainly in the ether we've moved musically together. Great records and story. Norm
  13. N

800-B knob

Would 3D printing have a role here? I have no experience at all with it, but from what little I know it seems like it could work, as long as you had an original to use. Norm
  14. N

Which pre amp to restore

Sadly several years ago I realized my cognitive skills and hand tremor and shitty eyes basically eliminated me from restoring a tube pre amp. I have a Citation I, an Eico HF 85 and a Lafayette KT-600. Which one woudl be the one to restore if records ( LP's) are the main listening source...
  15. N

Vintage integrated amps as dual mono blocks-three choices

Years ago when times were more flush I picked up two Eico HF 20's, a pair of Heathkit AA-13's and a pair of HH Scott 99D's. I had hoped to create a pair of mono block amps, but never got around to it. I can't speak to their condition today and this would be a project for the future, but of the...
Back
Top Bottom