Northwinds
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Albums About

• Ron, a while back I asked if you abstaining from the cigs still. How's it going? MKane
    Reactions: Northwinds
    Northwinds
    Northwinds
    In a few days, it will be 6 months since I quit Mike! Thanks for asking!!!
    Wow 10Hz, what do you drive with that? You're getting almost into DC :)
    I'll have to check those out.
    I have a 6L6 12" combo that's home brewed from a Knight PA amp with a lot of tone mods. I also built a low power Marshall style head and 4x12 slant cab based on the "November" design on the AX84 DIY site. It only uses EL-84 tubes in a PP configuration, but it's plenty loud for at home use.
    I sold my 1983 Gibson Les Paul custom Black Beauty a long time ago, I still kick myself for that one.
    My Sister-in-law used to live on Cross street across from the school. I love the area around the lake, very nice.
    What are you into for equipment? Obviously vinyl is one of your things.
    I love tube based stuff, got started by building guitar amps then went to Hi-Fi when I built my SE KT-88 amp. I also have a Fisher 800b which is my main system. I'm just about to swap back to my Yamaha C-6 pre and M-50 power amp so I can test out the Bose 901's. I would think 120 WPC would drive them to acceptable levels :)
    Hey Ron,

I mostly lurk here but I have chimed in on a conversation or two. I should subscribe again as there are sometimes deals in Barter Town. Are the record sales picking up here? Sorry but no nurse posting here.
    Thank you. Yes, I am a huge Phase Linear fan. I would not give up my 400 power amp for love nor money. How can you not like the low distortion and signal to noise ratio on these beasts. And appearance, those massive VU meters within that polished aluminum face plate. What's no to like?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom