Recent content by notime2read

1. notime2read

Help with buying Flim & the BB's Tricycle CD

Mine is a bit different.
  2. notime2read

Play FLAC files through 2-channel system

Hans' recent video talks about PC audio "noise" and might be useful.
  3. notime2read

Peter Gabriel / Genesis Concerts from 1986/1987

So cool Mr. White! I was at that show that night. Pulling Levin's wig off was a highlight. Thanks for posting!
  4. notime2read

Check Out The NPR Top 50 Albums Of 2018

Good God what an awful list. Yet another example of why not to pay attention to anything NPR does.
  5. notime2read

Cleaning paper labels on LP's?

I've never tried specifically to clean record labels, but the term for this coloration is "foxing". I used to collect antiquarian books years ago so that's how I was familiar with the term. I did some digging on foxing in general and this site seems to describe it well with some possible...
  6. notime2read

I am still in shock with this find yesterday!

Thanks for those of you who answered my original posting's questions and shared in my excitement at what I had rescued. Unfortunately, I learned more than just the value and desirability of my trash find though - be careful how I phrase things and be ready for replies by those who wish to judge...
  7. notime2read

I am still in shock with this find yesterday!

My wife and I were heading home from breakfast yesterday and I spot what I think could be vintage audio stuff stacked on top of some boxes sitting at the curb for today's garbage(!) pickup. We make a quick u-turn and an older lady is loading some additional boxes from her car in the driveway...
  8. notime2read

Mega Estate Sale Classical CD score

Thanks hjames, that is a great idea! I'll be subscribing in the next day or so.
  9. notime2read

Mega Estate Sale Classical CD score

At an estate sale last weekend found my biggest CD score yet! I walked into the garage and see a box of cds, maybe 50 or so and asked the worker, "How much are the CDs?" thinking she'd say a buck or two a piece. She responds, "All of them?". I'm browsing the box and see several jazz and rock...
  10. notime2read

How many CD's do you have?

For those of you asking for some suggestions on storage this is what I came up with as a test. Sort of a "flexi rack" for cd storage. Easy to build and about $100 in materials to make 2 six foot tall by 32" wide. Right around 72 cds per shelf and 11 shelves means each stores around 800 cds...
  11. notime2read

How many CD's do you have?

3500 as of today, with about the same number of CDRs.
  12. notime2read

LET AK DO THE HEAVY "LISTENING"!!!! (music experts needed!)

Ozric Tentacles. Great headphone music. Currently made up of Ed Wynne – guitars, keyboards, samples, koto, sitar, fretless bass, programming (1983–present), Brandi Wynne – bass, keyboards (2004–present), Silas Wynne – keyboards, synthesizer, samples (2009–present) and Balázs Szende – drums...
  13. notime2read

I'll take a stab at a jazz legend, the late guitarist Joe Pass. Joe played with just about every jazz icon during his life so there are lots of recording examples of his genius. There are many stories of his playing while completely intoxicated, being late for gigs and being held up and...
  14. notime2read

Clutch. A mix of stoner rock, blues, rap, metal depending on the album. Great lyrics and tight playing. Started the band in 1993, the line-up includes Neil Fallon (vocals, rhythm guitar, keyboards), Tim Sult (lead guitar, backing vocals), Dan Maines (bass, backing vocals) and Jean-Paul Gaster...
  15. notime2read

Favorite jazz guitarists...

Others have given great suggestions. How about: Frank Vignola Jimmy Rosenberg (with Frank Vignola): Ximo Tebar: Lenny Breau
Back
Top Bottom