Home Page:
Brooklyn's Premier Ostrich Farmer

Share This Page

NoTransistors

AK Subscriber, Male, 60, from Brooklyn

Subscriber
    1. hoodie
      hoodie
      Hello Seth, I have a Dual 1009 that needs servicing and was wondering if you would be willing to have a look.
      Thanks,
      -Matt
      1. NoTransistors
        NoTransistors
        Just sheer luck that I looked at the posts in this section. People do not realize that the AK forum does not notify us when a post is placed here. Now that I got that off my chest, I will ask you to please give me a call some evening at 718 434-3354. Not this particular Fri, Sat, Sun, though.The 1009 is a good-sounding unit You will enjoy using it.

Seth
        Sep 21, 2017
    2. SoundScience
      SoundScience
      Hey Seth Mike Gibson sent me your way. I just recently picked up a Dual 1015 with no spindles. Mike advised me that you are the man when it comes to Duals. So I was wondering if you had any spindles for the 1015. I need the changer and the manual spindles. Thanx for your time.
      Marshall.
    3. 11somekid
      11somekid
      How much does it cost for services? I have a 1019 with a stuck anti skate, a needle/cartridge that might need replacing, and a headmount issue.
      1. NoTransistors
        NoTransistors
        Email me at notransistors@aol.com, and we will talk., because you will supply your telephone # for me to call.

Seth
        Aug 2, 2016
    4. BSpaaudio
      BSpaaudio
      Hello, I have a Dual 1219 that has sat in storage since the late 1960s. Are you still servicing Duals?
      Regards,
      Russ
      Ballston Spa, NY
    5. ajauwen
      ajauwen
      Hi Seth, I lost my computer and lost my address book. I would like to send a 1019 and a 2219. Can you resend your contact information and how to send a turntable..? aauwen@earthlink.net thanks, Joe
      1. NoTransistors
        NoTransistors
        Joe,

Give me a ring at 718-434-3354 in the evening.

Seth
        Dec 12, 2015
    6. Wmendoza
      Wmendoza
      Hello Seth, I now own two Dual turntables that I would like to have serviced, how does one contact you directly? or if your rather my number is Cel: 860-997-7033 or Hme: 860-788-3811

Thank you in advance

Wm
    7. Wmendoza
      Wmendoza
      Hello Seth,

I was looking for someone to take a look at my Dual 606. It's in good shape I just need to have restored to great condition. You can reach me by email at wmendoza@latinheartbeat.us. We can exchange contact information there if your still working on them.

Thank you so much.

Wmendoza
      Forward Message
    8. ren2112
      ren2112
      Hi Seth. I've been contemplating getting a bigger plinth for my 1019. Do you have any? Can you suggest where I might get one? I would like to have the dust cover as well.
      Thanks for your time
      [IMG]
    9. GWTWTOO
      GWTWTOO
      Hi, Seth, a friend on here suggested I contact you to because he knows you know Dual turntables. I am trying to locate a reconditioned or unused motor for a Dual 1010 turntable. Would you have one that you could sell me? Please, please let me know! I only recently got this turntable and I am anxious to use it. Thank you so much, Mark
    10. gtmechanic
      gtmechanic
      Hello Seth. My name is GENNADY, I have few units in need of service. 1019, 1009 and 701. Could you help me with this? I'm in Brooklyn. 9177164168. Text is ok. Or 7164168@gmail.com. Cheers. Gena.
    11. seekingsound
      seekingsound
      Hello there NoTransistors,

I wanted to ask if you are taking Duals for service right now. I've just bought a 1219, 'new in box' but (or therefore) not working. This is my first foray into turntables and it seems I've stumbled on a table that's just too good to be my guinea pig. I've decided to see if I can have this brought back to life by someone who really knows what they're doing rather than risk doing damage to a great turntable.

If you're taking tables for service, I'd be shipping (in original box) from 2011 in Washington DC. The table also has no base, so if you have one to sell I'd be interested in that as well. Any details you could give me on pricing and timetable would be much appreciated.
      Thanks for your time!

Joe
    12. pborten
      pborten
      Never mind, Seth! I put the platter back on the spindle, and now the idler makes contact again & it seems to be working fine. Whew! What would cause it to fail to turn the platter initially? The only thing I did with the platter off was move the speed selector through the various speeds a couple of times...guess the lube was a tad seized till I did that, eh?
    13. pborten
      pborten
      Hi Seth,

The 1219 you went over for me a couple of years back has developed a problem...idler contacts motor pulley on 45 and 78 but not 33. There seems to be just a bit too much play in the part that holds the idler in contact with the pulley at the 33 setting. Is it the idler spring or just a loose nut, do you think? Is it something I could remedy myself with instructions from you? Or do I need to "bring it in"?

Many thanks,

Peter Borten in Union City, NJ
    14. Twoheadeddog
      Twoheadeddog
      Hi Seth,
      I've seen numerous posts here on AK that you are the Dual man to see. I have just acquired a Dual 1219 in what seems to be decent shape. Nothing seems "Stuck" at least.

I am interested in getting this one serviced / rebuilt, and was wondering if you would be able to do that.

Thanks for your time

J Kimberlin

you can contact me @

jdkimberlin@msn.com
    15. joeybuckets
      joeybuckets
      hey Seth,

give me a call please

Thanks
      Joey
    16. Exit56
      Exit56
      Hey There - How much do you typically charge to repair a Dual 1229? I recently acquired one that doesn't want to spin, and you seem to be the guy everyone recommends...
    17. S_Cowper
      S_Cowper
      Hi Seth,
      I recently purchased a dual 1225 and there are some issues with it. Hoping you could assist me with it. I live in NJ and could drop it off at your convenience. My email is cowper328@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance!
      -Scott
    18. fjd49
      fjd49
      to reach me
      fjd4949@yahoo.com
      frank dangelo
      re: dual 1019
    19. fjd49
      fjd49
      hello seth
      my name is frank dangelo and i just dropped off a sansui amp at Ron's in sheephead
      bay. he recommended you to take a look a my dual 1019 tt which is acting a little
      sluggish.
      im in tarrytown and can drop it off anytime.
      thanks
      fd
    20. montanama
      montanama
      Hey Seth, I've been lurking around looking for info on a recently acquired Dual 1019. Your name came up a bunch and I wondered if you would be willing to take a look. I'm in Brooklyn as well.

Thanks,
      Tony
      allman.tony@gmail.com
  • About

Birthday:
    Apr 24, 1957 (Age: 60)
    Home Page:
    https://www.facebook.com/NoTransistors/
    Brooklyn's Premier Ostrich Farmer
    Single

Ballroom Dancing and Pet Parrots

Signature

H. H. Scott 299D Tube Amplifier
    Pioneer CS-99A Speakers - Stacked
    ESS Heil Drivers Perched On Top
    Dual 1219 Turntable w/ Shure ML140HE / Dual 1229Q Turntable W/ Shure ML140HE