Recent content by OCD_Sned

1. OCD_Sned

Akai M8 Rebuilds

Unfortunately i didn't have the step down transformer from these mono blocks. Turned out to be a good way to get a 110V power supply for other "brilliant ideas"
  2. OCD_Sned

Akai M8 Rebuilds

Finally put my 240V/110V Power supply together today. Used an old Australian Army Ammo tin due to being strong easily modified. The Transformer is a powertech capable of delivering 8A at 110V, which is far more than i need for the Akai M8 monoblocks. I have drilled a series of 2.5mm holes to...
  3. OCD_Sned

Akai M8 Rebuilds

Ok, 2 rookie errors out of the way. Sprague Orange drops aren't polarity sensitive. Sprague Atoms ARE!! Discharge the bus caps before touching. Took a bit to find my roll of solder.
  4. OCD_Sned

Akai M8 Rebuilds

Will pass on the compliments to Robert about the dove tails. He is one of those people who loves what he does. I would have gotten at least 20 photos in the build of the boxes. if you have the time, it's well worth the effort. This is my quiet time go to. Don't forget to post pics when you...
  5. OCD_Sned

Akai M8 Rebuilds

Hey all, thank you for the feedback. Loving rebuilding these old amps. Bit slow but getting there. Finally powered up today and found that once rectifier tube 6X4 started conducting AC volts at output of transformer dropped from 260V to ground to around 196V to ground with 117V supply on line...
  6. OCD_Sned

Akai M8 Rebuilds

Hey All, Just sharing the rebuild of my Akai M8 monoblocks for my man cave. With a new baby, renovations, wrist reconstruction and work I have finally gotten a chance to start putting the right channel back together. Generally have to wait until they're all in bed or get up really early. I...
  7. OCD_Sned

Typical long time lurker

Thanks everyone.
  8. OCD_Sned

Hookup wire

Thanks everyone.
  9. OCD_Sned

Hookup wire

Definitely will post the rebuild. Just getting everything together at the moment. Will be slow process for a while with a new baby.
  10. OCD_Sned

Hookup wire

Hi everyone Looking for a bit of advice on which hookup wire to use. I'm rebuilding a pair of Akai M8 mono blocks. Not wanting to spend a fortune or defy the laws of physics. Any links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  11. OCD_Sned

Paper bag flooring on a speaker?

Thats an amazing finish!!!
  12. OCD_Sned

Typical long time lurker

Thanks everyone.
  13. OCD_Sned

Typical long time lurker

He's 6 weeks old now. Lots of fun. Will have to work on the sleep thing.
  14. OCD_Sned

Typical long time lurker

Thanks guys
  15. OCD_Sned

Typical long time lurker

Hi All Been lurking around here for quite a while. Have gotten a lot of information from here. I guess typical audio tragic. Currently building a pair of Akai M8 mono blocks to use in my man cave. Have stripped them down to clean and check. Waiting on a set of capacitors from the US. For...
Back
Top Bottom