Recent content by october13

1. O

Sx-424 left channel faint and static

Would there be someone willing to help walk me through diagnosing this? Thanks
  2. O

So where do I begin checking to restore this left channel?
  3. O

One of the speaker fuses is blown, even though it looks good. Right side is back to normal... Left side faint and distorted
  4. O

Yes I saw smoke
  5. O

Will this work?
  6. O

Ok, I have the service manual downloaded
  7. O

Could it have cooked other components? I did see a wisp of smoke
  8. O

Oh yes... I see that now. In my top pic you can clearly see the clip that they should be clipped into... So what damage may have occurred if one was pinned to the board at reassembly? And also is this component resilient or easily fried? What is the likeyhood that this component is still ok...
  9. O

These are soldered to the board and appear as they shouldn't make contact with the aluminum piece
  10. O

I discovered one of these was bent over and pinned under the heatsink/mounting bracket during reassembly. Pretty sure this smoked on powerup. What chain of damage may this have caused? I want to repair this receiver, but at this point it is over my head
  11. O

What is this component? Varistor?
  12. O

Update: Now right channel is toast.... Left channel is faint and distorted. Right channel is basically non existent except for some clicking/distortion.
  13. O

Hi, Looking for some help. I have a minty 424, and it was working perfectly fine. Had a scratchy pot or two, so I went in and cleaned all pots and switches with deoxit. Also made a caps list while I was in there. Turned it on and now I have a low volume, scratchy left channel. Swapped...
Back
Top Bottom