Recent content by ODS123

1. ODS123

Klipsch McLaren Forte IV. Good idea or Jump the Shark decision?

Good points, indeed. I hope you're right;
  2. ODS123

I won’t go so far as to say “no one” will buy them, but I don’t think they will sell as well as they hoped. And even if they do sell all they produce, the question remains: How many people were turned off to the Klipsch brand in this quest to appeal to a few dozen F1 fans? I’m sure if...
  3. ODS123

haha.. sorry, my bad for not realizing; I should have known. And you summed up the absurdity quite perfectly. The intersection of F1 fan, audiophile and wealth is apt to be very very small. And smaller still when the buyer would have to have a significant other who would allow such...
  4. ODS123

Umm... Yes they DO care about how many they sell. And NO, just b/c we're talking about it does not make it a marketing success. That would not be a very smart approach to marketing.
  5. ODS123

Huge? Why on earth would you assume that? I bet it’s actually a pretty small group. And just because someone is an F1 fan and an audio fan doesn’t mean they want those hobbies blended in such a garish way.
  6. ODS123

Since starting this thread I've gone back a few times to the website thinking, "well, let me take another look - maybe they'll start to grow on me." ..Nope. They actually look worse. I can't help but scratch my head and wonder who on earth would want these? Sure, if you're into racing I can...
  7. ODS123

$32,000 for these! Quite a bit for a 2-way speaker. https://www.klipsch.com/products/mcl-905-mclaren-limited-edition-performance-loudspeaker
  8. ODS123

I understand trying new things, even co-branded products, etc.. But Klipsch needs to be very protective of their image. If they wan't to be seen as a serious audio brand, they need to be careful about stuff like this.. Anyway, b/c I like the brand, I still hope it works for them even if I...
  9. ODS123

https://www.klipsch.com/products/forte-mclaren-edition-loudspeaker-free-mclaren-groove Yikes, to me it seems like a Jump The Shark idea, but I hope I'm wrong. IMHO, the orange looks terrible and the idea of it being a vinyl appliqué over grained wood veneer conjures concerns about eventual...
  10. ODS123

Jeep ad with Mac

A terrible branding decision, if you ask me. ..Not good for either brand, really. Stay outta car audio McIntosh! ..You're weakening your brands appeal.
  11. ODS123

MA8900 Information Display Issues

Sorry to hear Hawkie23u I have a digital alarm clock from the 80's that still has a vibrant, perfect display. ..It's inexcusable that the displays on these $7k+ Macs aren't bullet-proof. Sadly, the days of McIntosh being "heirloom" quality are probably past - especially for any piece that...
  12. ODS123

Cornwall III - buy or not?

Go over to the forum on the Klipsch website and you'll find precisely that... But seriously, what else would you expect?? Is it reasonable to think he'd say, "The differences b/w the two are barely audible." ? ..Of course not. But again, he designed BOTH and did so w/ pretty much all the...
  13. ODS123

Of course it's silly, and it's totally predictable. Claims that the latest iteration "makes all previous versions seem like child's play" arises whenever a new version of a speaker is released. It's like saying "Klipsch engineers have always sucked right up until the time they made MY...
  14. ODS123

He seems like a nice dude, but a credible audio reviewer? Nah... IMHO, this statement is absolutely disqualifying. "After 150 hours the sound got worse. Flatter, as if the bass dropped off. I ran them in music room #2 for weeks and then when I brought them back to my main system they sounded...
  15. ODS123

Cornwall IV’s!!!

The baffle (aka motor board) looks like it's taken some direct hits as well. Seriously, did they even TRY to handle these speakers with care?? .Perrsonally, I wouldn't buy any of their demo gear. And A-gon shouldn't allow the seller to rate them 8/10, which is meant for gear with NORMAL wear...
Back
Top Bottom