Recent content by ohiomike

1. ohiomike

Klipsch

I am looking at a pair of Klipsch KG3's. My question is about the surrounds. The owner is having one mid woofer surround replaced but says the surround is not an exact fit but should work fine. Not sure because the surrounds I have replaced myself were always an exact fit and the speakers...
  2. ohiomike

identifying Goodman speakers

Just found a clean pair of Elite Goodman EE4410's. All speakers check out as original. Haven't picked them up, so am looking forward to hooking them up to me 2238B......
  3. ohiomike

Goodman 4410

Well, thanks anyway, guess I'm going to pass on them.
  4. ohiomike

Goodman 4410

I'm looking at some Elite Goodman EE 4410 units. How can I id that the speakers are originals? The owner claims the speakers are 100% original.
  5. ohiomike

My new speakers, Marantz 600's!

How efficient are the 600's? Not sure my 2238B would do the speakers justice.
  6. ohiomike

Comment by 'ohiomike' in media 'LH speaker'

@ra.ra two used originals, AD 5061/M8's with the whizzer cones. One is said to be in need of repair, the other is perfect working order.
  7. ohiomike

@Freds.Bands You have a pic of it?
  8. ohiomike

I need to find one of the speaker badges.
  9. ohiomike

@Freds.Bands I believe what I have are to different generation speakers, so am not surprised to find them wired differently. When I can get to it I will pull the fronts off my two old rectilinears to compare.
  10. ohiomike

@ra.ra After replacing both caps like we discussed, the mid still had no output. I did manage to find a couple.
  11. ohiomike

Rectilinear

I might try some plasticote on them
  12. ohiomike

Rectilinear

Good question, why didn't I. Been mighty busy as of late, guess I wasn't thinking at the time, just wanted to get parts to work with. Interesting the difference....but yes I thought the same, replace whats there without changing values. Any problem with having bare wires coming off the 201...
  13. ohiomike

Rectilinear

See what I mean? The one on the left is what I am currently recapping..... 20190411_094641 by ohiomike posted Apr 11, 2019 at 9:54 AM
  14. 20190411_094641

20190411_094641

15. ohiomike

Rectilinear

ra.ra, As I wait for parts to re cap the speaker we talked about, I tore into the other unit and it seems to be wired quite differently using different components. It appears to have been worked on prior because I found bits of old solder and clipped wire ends in the bottom of the cabinet...
Back
Top Bottom