Recent content by Ojamajoe

1. O

Motorola SKR155w console?

Give it a listen, see how it sounds! I just love to play a stack of records on a changer; it's so cool!
  2. O

Definitely get it recapped, and looked over: it just makes for 50+ year old electronics! The Motorola's turntable is probably using a ceramic cartridge; and although the output is pretty close to line level, my experience is that plugging one of these into a regular input doesn't sound very...
  3. O

These units are really efficient; but I don't know that one would power a pair of AR's very well. My AS-2's (Heathkit AR-2's) always seem to want more power... I've had good luck with my electrovoice Wolverines, and Klipsch Hereseys, plugging into console stereos; though the latter might not...
  4. O

I think the bass is just a third channel, combining the lows from right and left. Usually with a nice 12 or 15 inch woofer; and it always sounded fine to me! So did the reverb... on the 1 or 2 setting... The extra input is nice, and those changers aren't usually too bad to work on. I'll be...
  5. O

I'd be all over that for $100! I think they're nice sounding, good looking stereos. I had one, back in the 90's, and used it every day; including running my pc sound through it! I don't think there are any proprietary parts on these, and I see the amps alone going for that kind of money on...
  6. O

1963 Fisher Ambassador V find

Those are some fine looking speakers. Not that I'm surprised...
  7. O

1961 model G.E. Devonshire STEREO HI-FI RC-1212

Vacu-magic is what they called it. Looks kind of gimmicky to me! How do you find it?
  8. O

Hi new here. Question.

Killer link! I thank you, and I'm sure the OP does, too!
  9. O

Hi new here. Question.

Here are a couple of GE turntables: 1963: 1964: This is the cart that came with my 1962 GE turntable. The stylus is on the end of the brass L - shaped part. Hope that helps!
  10. O

The interior is exactly the same as mine, minus the TAPE/MULTIPLEX option on the selector dial. I would say the little cosmetic differences should not matter; it's pretty much just lacking the shelf underneath. It's a handsome unit, and you really don't find that many with such style!
  11. O

1963 Fisher Ambassador V find

I agree with the above: the quality consoles are already becoming desirable; and I think we are not long from the time when the whole will be worth more than the sum of the parts. Also, as "modern" continues to rocket upwards in price, the Italian Provincial is likely to become more popular...
  12. O

Having all the capacitors replaced in the chassis is a restoration, of sorts, of the electrical. You'll have to do it, or have it done; and sooner is better. If you've the same cabinet as I, then I can understand it singing. They are beauties, and the mid century modern style is more...
  13. O

Hi new here. Question.

The carts usually just attach to the arm with a couple of screws, and the needle kind of clips in. You'll want to nail down which table it is, and go from there. From the picture, it looks like it might be a Voice Of Music changer, in which case www.thevoicofmusic.com is the resource for...
  14. O

Hi new here. Question.

Styli are easy to get for these, and replacement cartridges if necessary. I usually test the changer with a few junk records, to see how it functions ( I have a bunch of vg/vg+ Cars albums for this purpose) before I even try a new needle. The mechanism, and often the motor is gummed up with...
  15. O

Hi new here. Question.

One nice thing about solid state: nobody ever wants to gut them to use the components elsewhere! Of course, around here they just gut them to put a/v equipment in. Or throw them away... Sure looks to be a Voice Of Music record changer. I love those things: have 3 loose and 2 in consoles...
Back
Top Bottom