Recent content by Old Ears too

1. Old Ears too

Post your photography!!

2. Old Ears too

Thoughts on center channel mounted above TV screen?

Mine sits right below my TV so I can't help with any problems/issues it might cause putting it up there. Mine is fairly heavy and I wouldn't want to have it up above as it would take quite a structure to make it secure being as we're in earthquake country. I think the sound stage it would...
  3. Old Ears too

Big Bear Bald Eagle Live Cam

The local news shows this every once in a while as they're watching too. Pretty neat seeing these birds do their thing.
  4. Old Ears too

Any model train enthusiasts?

This was our simplified Christmas train set up this past year. My wife kept her sewing stuff setup so we didn't do the usual Christmas village set up.
  5. Old Ears too

Having fun with cameras and trains.
  6. Old Ears too

Post your photography!!

For all you out there suffering with the cold, I offer this picture. Enjoy. Catalina as seen from Huntington Beach the other day. It was cool, hence the empty beach.
  7. Old Ears too

Made up a camera car for taking 'on board' videos. Works pretty good too. I used a ball head I got off of the Goodwill auction site. Mounted it on a piece of plexiglass I salvaged from an old sewing machine table extension my wife was tossing out.
  8. Old Ears too

Sony PS-X50 - is it worth buy?

I have a PS-X60 I bought new in the same time frame and I wouldn't let it go that cheaply. I use a Micro Acoustics 2002 cartridge in mine. Does the needle cuing work?
  9. Old Ears too

Sewing Machines?

Well you're one up on me. I've never operated a sewing machine other than to test it to see if it runs OK after oiling it but never with thread or cloth in/on it.
  10. Old Ears too

What's in your Garage? AK Car Show!

I'm just an old retired guy with a Honda in my garage. Well, two Honda's if you count my wife's CR-V. This car was a Honda Corporate car that our local dealer won the right to sell when Corp decided it was time to move it out of their fleet. It's an EX-L w/NAV optioned with the HFP package...
  11. Old Ears too

Sewing Machines?

I think most likely your mom has trouble adjusting the thread tension of the bobbin to the top thread. The bobbin speed isn't adjustable relative to the needle speed, it's built into the machine.
  12. Old Ears too

Sewing Machines?

My wife is a quilter. She's got an old Featherweight Singer that's in nice shape. She rarely uses it though. For quilting she's got two mechanical Pfaff Grand Quilters, a Brother and a Pfaff Creative ICON. The later two machines are computer driven, do embroidery and a bunch of other stuff too...
Back
Top Bottom