Recent content by Oldsansui441

1. Oldsansui441

Technics SA-5760 - one channel repair

Fair enough if they tested good, just that they are designed to work with their respective complement. Would still work though as you have, just not ideal. You could use Bourns 3296P if you wanted multi turns Or Bourns 3386X series if you wanted single turn as per the originals. The photos...
  2. Oldsansui441

Do you have a photo of your trim pots? Also would be a good idea to replace the outputs as complementary pairs, ie the MJ21193G's also. Did you get the MJ21194G's from a reputable seller? Bournes sealed multi turns are great for the DC offset adjustments while the single turns are usually all...
  3. Oldsansui441

Bang and Olufsen Beomaster 2400 /1900 left speaker channel no sound

Hi alexis, try beoparts, he has the parts you need to repair your sliders. Absolutely no affiliation, I just know he has a great knowledge of B&O gear.
  4. Oldsansui441

Hi, it could if the bias went really high. I would recheck all transistors, diodes and resistors on that channel and get rid of all of those old trim pots, they cannot be trusted at this age. What parts did you use to replace the outputs? Also if you did in fact previously replace the outputs...
  5. Oldsansui441

Sansui A-60 question

Really, that's amazing.
  6. Oldsansui441

Sansui A-60 question

Wow painttoad, that is bad indeed. Glad to hear you got a refund.
  7. Oldsansui441

Advice needed: H/K HK990 or Sansui AU-717

Very nice Jorgul, glad you are very happy with your HK.
  8. Oldsansui441

Why is Akai underrated? (pics of my AA1175)

+1, all beautiful units melofelo and painttoad
  9. Oldsansui441

Replacing my Beovox 5700 dust caps

Hi, you can seal the fabric dust caps you already have in place.
  10. Oldsansui441

Replacing my Beovox 5700 dust caps

If the original woofer dust caps were sealed and the new ones are not the woofer may not be moving as much air or acting exactly as intended in your sealed enclosure. You could try doping your new dust caps, using some watered down tacky glue and use just a thin enough layer to seal them without...
  11. Oldsansui441

Yamaha CA-2010 possible restoration

Hi, the originals are 22000uF so going a modest step up to 24000uF will be fine and well within the tolerance of the original specified caps.
  12. Oldsansui441

Sansui AU-417 Restoration w/@leestereo help

That is great to hear. As you say, they are an enjoyable amp to work on.
  13. Oldsansui441

Sansui AU-417 Restoration w/@leestereo help

Looking really good JimEGR, nice work.
  14. Oldsansui441

Hitachi sr-804

Yep, Hitachi is great gear indeed and certainly deserves more credit. Don't tell everyone, haha.
  15. Oldsansui441

JVC JA-s77 - Just added to my collection

Very nice amplifier gera2k5, great cleanup job on her also as GD70 mentioned.
Back
Top Bottom