Recent content by oldskl

1. oldskl

AK Retiree Club

I retired from my cabinet making job in July at age 59. Worked for them 26 years and me and my wife managed to save enough in our 401k’s and other investments to retire. I did not want to pay the high prices for insurance so I got a part time job with the school system at 30 hours a week and...
  2. oldskl

Zenith Allegro 3000 Speakers - Surprising!

Looking forward to this project. I have the parts from 2 pairs of the 3000’s and would like to do something with them.
  3. oldskl

What did I take and will I ever get over it? I hate doctors.

I feel your pain. After 25 years of meds I am now trying to get off the last 2, lexapro and welbutrin. I just feel like I need to do a factory reset on my brain and see where it’s at without the chemicals. Getting off of welbutrin has been easy but the lexapro has been awful. So far three times...
  4. oldskl

Bowling Green KY

Welcome, I’m down the road in E town. Agree the allegro 3000 speakers are surprisingly good for the way they look.
  5. oldskl

Kidney Stone Surgery, How'd it go?

I had some real issues with the stints. I’ve had 2 and one of them slid down into my bladder and it rubbed every time I walked and that was miserable. The last stone I had took 3 different try’s to get it out. It was finally busted into pieces with a laser and taken out manually.
  6. oldskl

How can you tell if an old clock dial has radium?

I lived in Ottawa Illinois ( radium city ) for a couple of years in the mid 80’s. The story of the women that worked at the watch dial factory painting the dials is very tragic. You can watch a documentary about it on You Tube. The spot that the factory sat on was in the middle of town and was...
  7. oldskl

Sansui 5500

thumper69 I live in Elizabethtown and used to have a 5500. I traded to another guy in E town that deals in vintage gear. I got it at goodwill and if I remember correctly it had a SSN etched on it so I’m sure I belonged to service member.
  8. oldskl

Our cat may be nearing his time ...

I had to let my big boy Sly go last Saturday. I’m completely heartbroken. Part of taking an animal as family is also letting them go when it’s time. He was 14. My thought are with you and Teddy.
  9. oldskl

My cat is gone. What happened?

I wish I was closer to Louisville so I could go to one with better facility’s and equipment.
  10. oldskl

We still have 4 left from an all time high of 10 so we’re still in business. Sly was just my special boy, he was always so happy to see me when I got home from work and would sit with me all day if he could.
  11. oldskl

last week I noticed that my 14 year old cat Sly was not himself and looked like he had lost some weight, so Friday I took him to our vet that we have used for 20 plus years. While at the vet he was active and wanting to explore the room and purring loudly while I held him to keep him from...
  12. oldskl

A Confession - I passed up the chance to buy records

You should name the cat Record since it was the score of the day.
  13. oldskl

What audio have you found in the garbage/dumpster dive

pioneer A-80. A. Beast of a receiver. Had a couple of dents from being thrown in but worked and sounds great.
  14. oldskl

What tickets are in your pocket? (What's the next concert you are headed to?)

Steely Dan Oct. 3rd at the Palace theatre in Louisville Ky. Anyone else going.
Back
Top Bottom